Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Greetings, Im back yet again with another question/problem with Xenia Gamer Black Template.

I use Community Builder and also JoomlaBoard if you can remember from the last time I posted. You did a great job in helping me add more CSS to the Template to change the Textarea section for the font to be changed to white.

There is another issue that I have now with the template only in certain Areas. I have also consulted The Community builder Team about this issue and TMSF about these areas and they assure me that these areas Hook the templates CSS file.

For instance, When a small popup field comes up in the community Builder Request connection the Box has a white backround since I updated the Font colour to white now I can see the text in the popup windows that have the white backround.

I have included a sample image once again to explain if im not clear enough with my words

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/6604/backroundur0.jpg

I also have this problem with some fields still in JoomlaBoard and other fields, for example if I want to upload a file the backround colour of the box are white.

Thanks once again for your help guys 🙂

ShannonN Friend

I dont use CB myself, but the obvious solution is to change the text font colour to a darker one, if that cant be done and its a global change of popup/fields backgrounds? Change teh white backgrounds to a very pale blue? it will allow white text to be seen in pops and text fields and adds a nice cool look and feel in my opinion.

Hope this suggestion helps
    ShannonN

woode Friend

Greetings, ShannonN

Im new at the hole CSS thing so to be honest I dont know where in the Ja Xenia`s template_Css.css to change the backround colour for the box and some fields. The one thing I do know is the TextArea colour i can change with no problems now since the other guys got me to add a new part to the templates CSS file.

I have changed it to a little Darker shade and now I can see the writing, but the white Backround and the white Fields in some parts of the site are simply unacceptable in my eyes. I really need to change them.

I like your idea with the pale blue backround. If you have the time maybe you can quide me in the right direction. As for now il have a mess around and see if I can find it. I would like to change the main templates Text colours to like a silver Gray instead of pure white, Its kind of hard on the eyes with the black backround on the site.

Thanks again for you help 🙂

ShannonN Friend

I’ll get someone to look at the css files etc for you, can you just give brief details what changes the CB team told you to make if it was in the template.css.css file?

That will give us an idea of he history of this change etc

Michael Casha Friend

Yes, could you please tell us what the team asked you to do and/or give myself or ShannonN access to the website so we can see the issue first hand.

Thanks.

woode Friend

First off, I was only told that the CB and Joomlaboard Hooks certain parts of the template`s CSS file . No other help was given. Thats the way it is over there.

I can surely give you both access to the site and have a look at certain things.

Heres some links directly to the Issues Im having at the moment. first off is

http://morethangames.co.uk/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=35

A video player in which I have changed the the CSS File but the links at the top are in white Font which is the sites Templates Default. I need to find the area in the Xenia CSS to change them to another colour. Same with Primary Text and Main Menu on main website, currently It is in White I would like to change it to say another colour.

++++++++++++

Heres a direct link to a members profile where you can click on the connections Tab and then “Request Connection” with that member. A box will appear with a White backround

http://morethangames.co.uk/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=82

++++++++++++

Ive noticed when now when I change the Textarea { colour to the one I wanted JoomlaBoard hooks that colour for the field boxes which is perfect 🙂

If all comes to a situation of not being able to do it then I would be happy with just finding out how to change the main Font colour that the template uses and not the Textarea section that I had to add to the CSS.

Thanks Guys once again for your help and time 🙂

Your Login Details and Main Site address has been PM`d to both of you.

Michael Casha Friend

I received the information and I’m taking a look now.

Ok, I think you’ll need to edit http://morethangames.co.uk/templates/ja_xenia_ii_gamer/ja_transmenu/ja-transmenuh.css

This part needs to be changed (where it says colour: #FFFFFF; )

/* each TR.item is one menu item */
    .transMenu .item {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: none;
    /* this is a hack for mac/ie5, whom incorrectly cascades the border properties of the parent table to each row */
    border: none;
    cursor: pointer;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

woode Friend

Greetings and thanks for taking a look, I`ve edited the colour from #FFFFFF to another one and it changes the colour of only the Text in the drop down on the transmenu, Notthing else. ???

You guys still have not got the right area by the looks of it. But thanks for showing me how to change the colour for the Transmenu items when they drop down. Problem is still not solved

Thanks in advance

WooDe

ShannonN Friend

WooDe;9925Greetings and thanks for taking a look, I`ve edited the colour from #FFFFFF to another one and it changes the colour of only the Text in the drop down on the transmenu, Notthing else. ???

You guys still have not got the right area by the looks of it. But thanks for showing me how to change the colour for the Transmenu items when they drop down. Problem is still not solved

Thanks in advance

WooDe

Hi WooDe
    Looking at the transmenuh.css file there is a message from the original
    author that says

NOTE: TransMenu background and some
    configurations are located in the ja-transmenu.js.

Have a look in that js file and see if that will chage the field backgrounds which is what I think you mean to change ?

Hope this gets it happening for you
    ShannonN

woode Friend

I see, Ok well to end this thread, Can you please tell me how to change the colour for the main Template Font, currently its white, I would like to change it to another darker colour , ** I dont want to change the TextArea Font**, and also the Main Menu Font aswell please. If I can get these changed then I`l leave you guys to other members. I can see that your all pretty busy there 🙂

and il have a look in the .js script now, thanks

Thanks again for your help in this matter guys,

WooDe

woode Friend

Please can you answer my question. How do I change the Main Template Font colour, Its currently White.

Hung Dinh Friend

The main font color is defined in template_css.css, please change it carefully cause nomally it affects the font color on all pages of your joomla site

woode Friend

Yes thats what I want to do , for the hole site, But you havent told me what part in the CSS file? I dont know where to do it. I can access the templates CSS but where in gods name do I change it?!?!?!? What part in the CSS file. I dont know CSS scripting

ShannonN Friend

WooDe;10145Yes thats what I want to do , for the hole site, But you havent told me what part in the CSS file? I dont know where to do it. I can access the templates CSS but where in gods name do I change it?!?!?!? What part in the CSS file. I dont know CSS scripting

well before you try to change templates and stuff, it’s best to learn css as you are going to be relying on it so often in your web design. Remember Google is your friend, there is so much stuff there on css and what is a class, inhertiance etc even I could learn something if I read it 🙂

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=learning+css&btnG=Google+Search

plenty of info here that will benefit you
    ShannonN

woode Friend

Thanks all for your help. Il have a look at that link now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  woode 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum