Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

does JoomArt offer support for their skins? I purchased the skin and posted a couple of times on the skin forum to try and find help and I sent in a email with the contact us function up top but I have yet to get a response. Seems like once you buy the skin that all they want from you? Anyone know where I can find some good support?

The problem I’m having is with the template using community builder, the tabs will not show up in the template.

Ill be on aim: PGriff709 and msn: paulgriffin66@gmail.com most of the night trying to figure this out if anyone wants to help me lol

YitzySvei Friend

Same here good templates ,but once you buy they don’t care about you.Try the Joomla.com forum.

ErikThorsen Friend

I don’t agree with this. Yes, support the last week has been quite absent but I assume they have a heavy workload these days.

I don’t think you can expect people that sell “skin” to also comply with all components and stuff available around. Try http://www.joomlancers.com or somewhere to pay someone to fix problems “not related” to the skin itself. 🙂 Usually you get a lot of help and support here, so hopefully you can also get some help here but you can’t expect to pay a small amount of money and get tons of support not directely related to the skin/template itself.

At least this is my opinion. Of course, I would have loved to have them solve all my questions as well but I can’t expect to have that included in the price. Good luck on finding your solution to the problem and I also hope that Joomlart support team can help point you in the right direction as I myself have no clue.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Guys,
    Our developers are in and out on the forum and give support. However as you can see we are on a very high work load recently awith 2 release every month even on Chrismas and new year time.
    Anyway, we give always try to answer as much as we can
    Please do not forget to read the User guide before posting questions

xavierng Friend

Maybe beside depending on the developers, experience members can help too. 😉

steveo Friend

<em>@yitzysvei 5880 wrote:</em><blockquote>Same here good templates ,but once you buy they don’t care about you.</blockquote>

Seems to be my experience as well :((

birdoasis Friend

OP,

You said that you can’t get the tabs to show up with the community builder. Perhaps you don’t have the tabs assigned to the right position.

Can you be a little more specific by telling us which template your using,

Where you wan the tabs to go.

Thanks,

JP
    http://www.birdoasis.com/index.php

ErikThorsen Friend

It always helps to bring out as much information as possible. That way it is easier for experienced users/visitors to also help out. Usually I help out if I can but when people are not at all specific in their requests I tend to ignore it. Saying “tabs don’t show” it just like saying that something is wrong. Can someone help. Well, I’d love to help but live site, how it is configured, which version of Joomla, which version of Community builder you are using and so on would help.

Please also take into consideration that templates are made to work with JOOMLA, not all components, modules, extensions and everything else out there. Of course, the ideal thing is for it to work with anything but different css, packaging and so on makes it virtually impossible to be bugfree for anything.

Just my humble opinion on these things. I wish it was even easier to customize templates but that is just because I am too lazy to bother learning how to do everything. I rather pay someone to do it for me. LOL

z0z0 Friend

xavierng;5931Maybe beside depending on the developers, experience members can help too. 😉

Experienced members are not being paid for that.
    We paid Joomla so Joomla should support.

ErikThorsen Friend

I don’t really agree on that. Yes, if there are problems ( like with the JA News module ) of course they should help. If you have a problem with Community builder, then why should they help. You pay for a template, not for support of various issues. But I think the community can help a lot as well as long as people “chip in” where they can. The more the merrier.

Of course, customer support is vital but there is really a limit for when/how/what the Joomlart team can actullay do support on. They also have to release a few templates now and then, right?

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi everyone,
    JoomlArt will try our best to give you support, especially JA template related issues if you have a live URL we can look into and point out the problem with solutions.
    However, there are thousands of 3rd party components/plugins and even the content itself may also break the layout of a template, looking into other components/modules to make them work with our templates are sometimes imposible

douglas Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 6777 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t really agree on that. Yes, if there are problems ( like with the JA News module ) of course they should help. If you have a problem with Community builder, then why should they help. You pay for a template, not for support of various issues. But I think the community can help a lot as well as long as people “chip in” where they can. The more the merrier.

Of course, customer support is vital but there is really a limit for when/how/what the Joomlart team can actullay do support on. They also have to release a few templates now and then, right?</blockquote>

I posted this last night, but moved it here.

SUGGESTION! Why not reward some helpful members with a free membership for..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hung Dinh View Post
    We have moved the office during the pass week and there had been difficulties in monitoring the forum. Now the office arrangement has completed and everyone is in, we will monitor the forum everydays and give help Quote:

Moving the office accounts for the support questions not being answered as members expect, this past week, but what about the past few months? Yes, as your member numbers have grown, (now over 5,500 and growing daily) so has your number of support issues and the strain to not be able to help to those who really need it most, especially those that are new members. And now some new people are not so happy, and it resonates, and soon your competitors will pick up on this and lure members away by claiming better support. Software works this way. Good software can turn ugly when support issues become larger than life. And the competitors support may be no better.

I appreciate all the help I have received since joining as a member last March 2006, but recently (the past few months) I and many others have noticed the level of support to be stretched too thin. Yes, you are releasing more templates, and I agree that you should not have to answer support for third party extensions, but why not help yourself out by considering the following:

SUGGESTIONS TO CONSIDER

MAKE IT CLEAR WHAT SUPPORT JA PROVIDES (In a signature of each tech support response)
    1. Make it clear at the bottom of each one of your tech support responses (in a signature) that you only provide support for Joomlart.com templates and not for third party Joomla extensions, and can not support them in these forums.
    Members that have tech support issues with anything that is not Joomlart.com template specific, or Joomlart.com extension specific, should go to Joomla.org forums for support at:
    Joomla.org forums

2. Make it clear that the person asking for support should make the support question as clear as possible, as suggested above, and have a standard response if it is so vague:

example:
    Your Support Question needs to be more specific and clear for us to help you narrow down and fix the template problem. We will be pleased to help when you repost your template support question, with more specifics about your template problem. Please see our basic Getting Template Support Guide at: give a URL to a simple guide here. Thank you for your understanding. JA Support Staff

The link to the basic Getting Template Support Guide can be available with a link at the bottom in each Joomlart.com tech support person’s signature. It may take up some space on the forums each time, but it will start to sink in and help people to help themselves more, which helps JA and every member in the long run.

3. Also in the Tech Support signature, put links to the Frequently asked Template Questions, which will reduce support questions asked frequently. Maybe this is already available?

SUGGESTION: A MEMBER REWARDS PROGRAM – TO IMPROVE SUPPORT
    4. I made a lengthy comment about support last night to offer some suggestions, and suggested that you offer members a membership premium for offering other members support and today I found out that you do offer a rewards Premium program for good moderators. It can be accessed here: Membership and Premium Access for Good Moderators

This can be resolved when more members start feeling there are some rewards for helping out other members above and beyond what they already do on this forum site.

I try my best with my limited Joomla/PHP template coding technical capabilities to help others, and can develop documentation and offer more support as I learn new things about the template I am using most. I’ve developed a number of docs for Joomla component developers as they have given their time to create great components, for free or such low costs, and I wanted to give something back to them and others in the Joomla community. And those developers that I created the docs for appreciated my efforts. I created some docs for XeMedia, for one of their components last year, and they gave me a choice of any of their components, which I didn’t expect, but it was great to receive such a reward. I am now working on three more sets of docs, for some components and modules, and I’m doing it to be a Joomla citizen. Not for any reward.

Perhaps, for everyone’s benefit, and mostly yours, you might consider implementing a MEMBER REWARDS PROGRAM for those members that provide extended forum help and some well documented documentation help, in PDF or even a wiki format exclusive for your members, which is above and beyond what your existing staff time allows. It’s probably a lot cheaper (less than $100 a year) than hiring another two or three full time staff, as your member numbers increase (or level off, and decrease if your support fails to keep up with member demands. A Member rewards program will provide better support, and it also increases the support level for your members in off hours and weekends, and it will be a drawing card for talented and knowledgeable technical people to become new members.

GOOD TUTORIALS (Beyond the basic Guide that comes with each Template)

Good tutorials and documentation is so important to help new members get through basic issues that seem to always arise with Joomla and templates, and this will help to relieve the support issues demand on staff, and free them up to fix bugs etc, and provide better documentation. Although you provide some documentation help with each template release, the amount of help for new members is not adequate, as it assumes they know certain things. How can this be? Look at the level of questions on this forum that aren’t being answered.

TEMPLATE COMMENTS (more detailed)
    And as far as your templates being well documented. Hogwash! That may seem a little harsh, but maybe it’s true for Joomla experts, but the newbie has to hack around the template to find things, and too often they are making changes blindly, and mess things up and then they come here and they want immediate help to fix issues etc. Better template documentation would relieve this issue.

MATH 101
    – Face it, your valued templates are causing growing pains – support is increasing daily, and as the number of members increase, so will the support question numbers)
    It’s not just the past week while you’ve been moving that you support has been lacking from what it used to be. It’s a number of members (increasing daily) vs. number of staff (which most certainly hasn’t increased proportionally to offset support demand) and now they can’t answer the increasing number of member questions on a daily basis. It’s simple MATH 101.

It’s a catch 22. More templates each month, means more sales, and more members, and then a huge increase in support issues, which left unresolved, can kill the golden goose when people get peeved at the lack of support. They’ll go elsewhere, regardless of how cool your templates are, or have been. I was considering this a few weeks ago when I could not get some questions answered, but I did my homework at the alternative template providers, and found their support is also facing the same issues. No jumping here. I spent more time trying to resolve my own issues, and I am happy I did. I learned a lot about templates, and now I know my way around Ja Bellatrix more than before.

Enough said. I’m sure you can see the benefit, as there are many members that are very knowledgeable, and I’m sure the incentive of a free membership ($50 a year) is far cheaper than hiring more staff and having members get pissed off and going to your template competitors, out of frustration, not because your templates aren’t elegant and slick looking.

Hope you’ll consider this for members.

Doug

ErikThorsen Friend

Making some good points here Doug!

benlee Friend

I agree. This has to be one of the worst support I’ve dealt with in my experiences with Joomla-related companies. No responses to questions, no updates on fixes, etc.
    I will definitely not renew my membership and unless they come up with an amazing template I doubt that I will be a returning customer.

neo_surya Friend

Even I agree with you dude. Previously i have joined rockettheme & really disappointed with their support. I posted many threads in their support forum but never get a reply.

same thing happening here.. posted a thread here too no reply yet. JA templates are really worth every penny. I have seen some awesome templates here. Great job folks. But with out good support anything would be sucks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum