Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am wondering how to add extended classes such as Facebook or video for YouTube automatically each time that an item is retrieved and added ?

And for YouTube I have also noticed that the summary is not enclosed in p tags making that intro text is not correctly limited to 50 characters. Is there any way to cope with this ?

Thanks

HeR0 Friend

Hi Activha
    <blockquote>I am wondering how to add extended classes such as Facebook or video for YouTube automatically each time that an item is retrieved and added ?</blockquote> I shall report to dev team for this extra feature
    <blockquote>And for YouTube I have also noticed that the summary is not enclosed in p tags making that intro text is not correctly limited to 50 characters. Is there any way to cope with this ?</blockquote> why is the intro text enclosed in p tags? I think that it is not important.

Regards,

tonybert Friend

To enhance this request I would like to see extended class options related to an item being hot or not (example double grid or sticky).

Thanks in advance.

arucardx Friend

Hi tony, you can. Just type item-hot or item-new as the extended class option like you would for double-grid or sticky.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I think what he meant is to have those extended class parameters AUTOMATICALLY applied to articles that fulfill certain conditions such as having a certain number of hits.. I think that’s a great suggestion. Individually assigning those extended class parameters such as grid width is not practical. It defeats the purpose of importing the articles via a feeder and then opening them one by one to add those extended class parameters such as grid-width, background colour, hot, sticky etc.

arucardx Friend

That can be done easily as well which is how item-hot is being applied to articles that have reached a certain hit. The code can be easily modified / reproduced as per your needs. The only problem is what are the conditions you wish to trigger?

Andrew Winkler Friend

1. When an article is less than x number of days old, I want it to have the “New” tag.
    2. For each available background colour (dark,hilite etc), I want to be able to select the categories to which articles I want the colour to be applied on the wall, as well as a default colour.
    3. For each special grid width (double, triple), I want to be able to select the categories to which articles I want the grid width to be applied on the wall.

arucardx Friend

What you want can be done very easily and is no more than a few lines of php code. Modification of the template file is however required for either Joomla / K2 but since its a template overwrite, it shouldn’t be considered as a Joomla hack.

Just open blog_item.php(Joomla) or category_item.php(K2) and look at how the button item-hot is added for example. If its too hard for you, then you will need to hire some freelancer to do it for you. The cost I believe should be very reasonable since tbh… its really just no more than a few lines of code and some understanding of how the css styles are added to content.

Andrew Winkler Friend

<em>@arucardx 353206 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just open blog_item.php(Joomla) or category_item.php(K2) and look at how the button item-hot is added for example. </blockquote>

And where do I find those files?

arucardx Friend

templatesja_wallhtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php
    templatesja_wallhtmlcom_k2ja_wallcategory_item.php

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  arucardx 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum