Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I purchased and tested JA Slideshow 3 (version 2.7.5, on Joomla 3.6.5) and found several "game-breaking" issues with it that cause a broken layout. I managed to find the causes and to fix them myself so I will be writing them here so that the JA Team can fix them in an update for everybody.

1. Fixing CSS class error in the template files There is a major problem in the template files which prevents the slideshow content position to be “relative” to the main “ja-slidewrap” container (this happens in ALL skins!), so the thumbnails and other things are misplaced. This is because the template files load the class “ja-slidewrap_SkinName” as the container class, not loading “ja-slidewrap” on its own. To fix this:

Files to edit:
    modules/mod_jaslideshow/tmpl/default.php
    modules/mod_jaslideshow/tmpl/default_articles.php
    modules/mod_jaslideshow/tmpl/default_videos.php

Find (in all 3 files):

<div class="ja-slidewrap<?php echo $skin_name; ?>

Replace with (in all 3 files):

<div class="ja-slidewrap ja-slidewrap<?php echo $skin_name; ?>

2. Fixing error in the default style skin (bug where the description is not displayed) The default style has issues and doesn’t show the description because of a wrong capitalization in the CSS file. The default style, being the default choice, should work out of the gate with no issues so this should be fixed.

File to edit:
    modules/mod_jaslideshow/assets/themes/default/style.css

Find all occurrences of “maskdesc” and replace them with “maskDesc”. (capital “D”!)

3. Fix a wrong parameter being checked for the thumbnail description option: The “thumbnails – show description” option set to NO doesn’t work correctly because the wrong parameter is being checked in the if statement in the template file. It should use navShowdesc instead of showDescription. Also it should be above the title. To fix:

File to edit:

Find:

<h3><?php echo $titles[$i];?></h3>
                    <?php if($showDescription){?>

Replace with:

<?php if($navShowdesc){?>

4. Add the title (also with link) in the description mask when using “From Image Folder” option

File to edit:

Find:

<div class="ja-slide-desc">

Add below:

<a <?php echo $target; ?> title="<?php echo $titles[$i];?>" href="<?php echo $urls[$i]; ?>">
    </a>

5. Avoid loading an extra CSS file The slideshow loads the default/style.css in every skin, but it’s an extra CSS which is not needed, because the skin already loads the CSS and if you use the default skin it will load this file twice.

File to edit:
    modules/mod_jaslideshow/assets/asset.php

Line 25 – Remove this line:

JHtml::_('stylesheet', $basepath . 'themes/default/style.css');

These are the the layout issues that I found and managed to fix. I will open another topic for 3 other issues that I did not manage to fix on my own so I require the help from the staff.

Andy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  thesdhotel 7 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum