Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi..

It is possible for me to have the search results in table formatted. Like image below:
    enter image description here

If can, can someone guide my in details steps by steps to modify the appearance.

Mr.Cat Moderator

@josh

Yes, it’s possible. You just need change some style at file /plugins/jamegafilter/virtuemart/assets/css/style.css

And change the mockup html at /plugins/jamegafilter/virtuemart/layouts/default

For overriding layout without changing original file, please copy mockup files to /templates/{template_name}/html/layouts/jamegafilter/virtuemart/default and edit.

Regards

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

Josh Friend

@josh

Yes, it’s possible. You just need change some style at file /plugins/jamegafilter/virtuemart/assets/css/style.css

And change the mockup html at /plugins/jamegafilter/virtuemart/layouts/default

For overriding layout without changing original file, please copy mockup files to /templates/{template_name}/html/layouts/jamegafilter/virtuemart/default and edit.

Regards

Hi Mr.Cat,

I’m using K2 extension.. so I want to display the K2 search result like table above.. can you guide me step-by-step the code to do this.? since I’m not familiar in PHP language.

Mr.Cat Moderator

Hi @josh,

Below are some knowledge base for this plugin which you may need to know:

• How dustjs works. This is the way we render the whole filter page. When you look at the mockup at plugins/jamegafilter/k2/layouts/default/ , some strange html codes that may make you confused, are part of dustjs.
    • The data we use to render the articles, store at /media/com_jamegafilter/en_gb/ *.json (Yes, we didn’t query to database).The name of json file is your filter page id at backend. The data is created when you save your filter page. We call it indexing.
    • Indexing is handled by plugin. All processes to collect data and export to json file at /plugins/jamegafilter/k2/helper.php. You need to learn how we structure the data, and improve it by your own way.

Regarding to override K2, it’s the same as I mentioned above for Virtuemart, you will need to override the layout for K2 in template folder: ROOT/plugins/jamegafilter/k2/layouts/default/, then customize the layout as you wish.

This process will require a bit heavy customization so if you’re not familiar with code, I recommend you to hire a developer to get it done for you.

Regards

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Cat 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum