Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    When I turn on Search Engine Friendly URLs none of the links work from my home page any more. This happened to me several years ago when I first started using Joomla, so I am aware of the most common reasons this would happen. I have spent hours on google researching what the problem could be, with no luck.

I have done this many times on the same hosting platform, using the same directory structure (always installed in root) for many other sites so I am baffled as to what the problem could be.

I done the following…
    Renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess.
    Checked that the .htaccess file is valid and correct.
    Contacted the hosting company to see if they had any issues with mod_rewrite.

I have tried the following…
    commented out: Options +FollowSymLinks
    uncommented: # RewriteBase /
    I have done both of the above one at a time and at the same time.

To be honest I have had more problems with this template than all the others I have used combined and this is for my biggest client, so I am very frustrated. I am hoping this is something simple I am missing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!!

phong nam Friend

Hi,

I fixed your SEF issue. Pls check it again. What I did is:
    – Enable System – SEF in Plugin Manager.
    – Replace:

RewriteBase

with

RewriteBase /~expfay

in .htaccess file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum