Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hey there,

I just had a client contact us to tell us a site we built last year using the JA Xenia Template was broken in IE8. I downloaded IE8 to take a look, and indeed it is broken. Also, your guys’ demo is broken too, so I’m assuming that any customization we did to the template didn’t cause the broken issue. See Screenshots for your own broken demo :D.

Anyways, was hoping you guys could take a look at the problem and find a solution and pass it along for me and then I can fix my client’s site.

Thanks for your time,

-Chad
    s-go Consulting

Phill Moderator

Add the following code into the head of your html.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7" />

It forces the viewers browser into compatability mode. Hopefully in time JA will work on their templates and fix the quirks IE8 has given us.

brasspla Friend

Hi,

I use Xenia and the cartmodule in the right-top of the template and IE8 gives me the same problem as above. Added the code < meta ….> as above but no changes.

Any idea’s? Many thanks.

Peter

Phill Moderator

Post a link to the affected page.

brasspla Friend

I thnk the patch is working ok, when the site is adressed the browser is forced to IE7. The mistake I made is that when I push the compabtibility button afterwards (force to IE8) the problem occurs, but that is logical.

Mistake in my thinking.
    Thanks

Anonymous Moderator

hi there,

Current you are using the old template. We have updated some problems with IE8 and update to the latest version for downloading.

Please kindly download one and install again

brasspla Friend

Hi, I would love to download the new template but I made a lot of changes in the CSS to customize my two shops. Can you be more specific about the changes you made so that I can change the code instead of downloading the new template. (and keep my customisation in place?)

Many thanks.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi brasspla

Open templatesja_xenia_iiindex.php file, at about line 49, find following code section:

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix { display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!-->

and change to:

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    .clearfix { display: block;}
    </style>
    <!-->

brasspla Friend

I found the code in line 49 but it seems to me this block is not active due to the <!—,
    do I have to change this?

Anonymous Moderator

Yes, you need to change as my guider.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum