Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I get random results from browser to browser, computer to computer. So far it’s hit and miss on FF, no menu titles at all on Safari, but IE 7 and 8 are fine and FF on some machines work. I can see my dev site fine on two test PC’s, but not some others… I tried disabling/enabling sifr plugin…doesn’t matter. Here’s a screen shot… HELP…..

I’m willing to put my time and effort into this stuff, but honestly I’ve spent way too many hours trying to figure out things that I should have to. I’m really hoping this is some stupid error on my part…..

fabrian Friend

I forgot to mention, all of the errors on FF’s error console are on line 56.

fabrian Friend

Anyone??? I can’t be the only one…it happens on the demo too.

fabrian Friend

Honestly, I can’t believe no one is helping me here. I did change this thread to dev help and still nothing. This is complete BS. I paid for my membership…….

I looked through all of the documentation which is so spotty and half-assed, it shouldn’t even be out there. If I get no help here in the next day, we’ll see how “money back guaranteed” this crap really is…..>:(

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Fabrian,

I’m sorry you feel as though no one is helping you with this issue…but in all honesty we’re not seeing what your issue is?

I see your screenshot filled with FF Plugin Wed Designer “error” messages…but in running a cache cleared refresh on both the Sargas template and your Website: http://www.thefabhouse.com/qssargasdev/ there are actually no errors being thrown that we can see.

So if you could give us a more clear explanation of what is not happening to your satisfaction we’ll be glad to work with you to get it resolved.

John.

fabrian Friend

Thank you for your reply, John.

I’ve since decided against this template, but I still can’t seem to get menu titles to work on my end. I know it’s not an issue with my host or related settings because I get the same results on the demo here on my PC. I’ve even gone as far as formatting my box that had vista ultimate and now using windows 7 ultimate. I don’t run any firewalls or antivirus so I’m at a complete loss as to why I have issues with the menu titles on that template on my side.

If I hit my dev install (which was a quick start) or the demo I still can’t see the menu titles even right now. As I said, I’m at a loss here and can’t come up with a logical reason.

Again, thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

No problem.
    But please help me understand what you are meaning by showing “Menu Titles”? Perhaps my confusion comes down to simple semantics.

Are you wanting there to be a title above the Menu like perhaps over the menu running in the LEFT position? If so, what you are wanting to show is a MODULE TITLE..which you can name the same as the MENU TITLE. Without a parameter to automatically show a MENU TITLE you have to title that area of your site by using a MODULE TITLE.

So once you create your menu…it will create a MODULE for that menu. It’s the MODULE you want to turn on the “show title”…and you can call the module whatever you want.

Hope I’m understanding you more clearly.
    John.

fabrian Friend

Sorry, It’s me that wasn’t being clear. I’m referring to a module title. An example is… mod_mainmenu is in the top left position by default and titled “default J!menu”. What I’m experiencing is – when using firefox, the module titles disappear on all modules. It doesn’t matter if I change the default font type, there’s still no change. I tried playing with the sifr plugin but still no luck. The strangest thing is IE 7 or 8 works fine.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

In Firefox.

In IE.

The problem persists in Demo site too. Reported the Bug. Fix will be on priority.

Await developer’s reply in this thread.

Dear Fabrian, You can also review the Guidelines for efficient help in JA forums. In case the issue is not catered too in the forum, you can submit a support ticket and leave the support ticket ID in the thread. This has certainly missed the eyes of staff and devs. Hope to get it resolved asap. Please bear with us.

Arvind

Ah Ha! Brilliant Arvind!

ivko Friend

Hello,

I noticed the same problem. Is it solved meanwhile?

Regards Ivan

fabrian Friend

<em>@ivko 159995 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I noticed the same problem. Is it solved meanwhile?

Regards Ivan</blockquote>

as far as I know, no…. I’d advise you not to hold your breath either. When you come to terms with the fact that paying money to join here really means you’re a beta tester, you’ll feel a whole lot better…

scotta3234 Friend

I am having the same issue, would really like it if it would show up in other browsers

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Finally fixed. Download file updated and so is the Demo Site. You can update your template with the new download file.

Arvind

scotta3234 Friend

I don’t see a new version of the template in the downloads section for Ja Sargas, Can you provide me with a link to the updated file?? Is this an update of the entire template, or just a patch?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum