Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    thanks for a great job Joomlart. Your service i great.
    Are there going to be a solution for rounded corners in IE?
    Thanks in advance.

guenter1234 Friend

Hi Joomlart,
    you did a great Job with this template but the most important design feature (rounded corners) is missing in all IE Browers!
    Would be great if you could fix this, like you did for the JA Tube template.

Regards.

nguyenhuu quang Friend

pls send your live site.
    allow us to help you

guenter1234 Friend

Hi quang268,
    to see the problem just open the DEMO Site (http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_nickel/) in IE.

I also have a demo site here: http://neu.lahrmedia.de.
    There is no live site because of the huge design difference (rounded corners).

Regards.

dozza Friend

Quang

He has allowed you – are you going to help. Those square corners are nasty!

wiery Friend

<em>@dozza 135747 wrote:</em><blockquote>Quang

He has allowed you – are you going to help. Those square corners are nasty!</blockquote>
    More than likely not… I think we have to fend for ourselves. I am having the same problems. They seem to stem from the rounded corners being controlled by CSS3 which only FireFox and Safari support. So far I have found out you either need to deal with the square corners being there in other browsers or make rounded corner images for them to support it.

You would think that a company selling templates would check them across all browsers before releasing them though. HINT HINT J.O.O.M.;)

scotty Friend

wiery;136260More than likely not… I think we have to fend for ourselves. I am having the same problems. They seem to stem from the rounded corners being controlled by CSS3 which only FireFox and Safari support. So far I have found out you either need to deal with the square corners being there in other browsers or make rounded corner images for them to support it.
    [/quote]This is correct. The only way to achieve rounded corners in IE is with the use of images.

You would think that a company selling templates would check them across all browsers before releasing them though. HINT HINT J.O.O.M.;)

Joomlart are not stupid. They knew when they wrote the CSS that there would be no round corners in IE.

wiery Friend

<em>@scotty 136264 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Joomlart are not stupid. They knew when they wrote the CSS that there would be no round corners in IE.</blockquote>

I never said they were stupid, maybe just lazy. I was simply hinting that they should make the template look the same across the board. They could have included the image files and some extra coding so that rounded corners would work with ie, but they didn’t. I think that was pretty lame on their part. The client shouldn’t have to put the time in to do this. When I do a design for a client I make sure that it works the same on all browsers. They should go about their service no differently.

It’s too bad all browsers don’t use CSS3. Sometimes I get sick of testing on different ones. Maybe someday all the different web browsers will work the same way. I’m doubtful but hopeful.

Phill Moderator

I’ve made my opinion clear on this in another thread and was shot down in flames for even suggesting that it is fine for a website to look slightly different in other browsers. So I will not comment again;)

scotty Friend

I agree Phil. It’s not like people visit a website and then open another browser to see if it looks the same in that one.

Your IE visitors to your Nickel template will never know about the rounded corners all your FF visitors are seeing and vice versa. And even if a user saw both version they probably wouldn’t even notice the difference. 99.99% of people who visit websites look at the pictures and read the text. They’re not looking to see if the title backgrounds have a 3px rounded corner or not.

Much ado about nothing!

katew Friend

Hi There

I am updating my site and I would like to use this template, but I do need it to have rounded corners in IE. All our marketing materials have rounded corners and I would like the site to match. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

scotty Friend

Has anyone found a solution?</blockquote>Yes. Create the images yourself and apply them with CSS.

dozza Friend

Scotty

That’s more of a suggestion though than a solution, surely? A solution would offer a walkthrough/tutorial, which I know would be extremely drawn out and complicated….;)

scotty Friend

No, it’s a solution and it’s the only solution I’m afraid. There is no other way to achieve rounded corners in IE other than with images.

Actually the easy part is creating the new images. The hard part is all the code you have to change. To do it properly you will have to create two images for each background and align one left and one right. This allows for any change in width.

As I said in a post above… it’s more trouble than it’s worth as your IE visitors are never going to know any better. Having rounded corners does not make a huge difference to the sites overall appearance.

katew Friend

Thanks for the advice. I will try to achieve the rounded corners by changing the code.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum