Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’m having trouble restricting access to pages built by JA Page Builder.
    I have tried to restrict page access to a certain group of users (A custom group that I have under registered users). I have set the permissions through the JA Builder component and also set the permissions on the menu item that is created for the JA Builder page – They don’t seem to be having any effect – The page is still accessible to all.

Please could someone advise me how I do this correctly – Point me to the right documentation? (I have tried to search on this)
    Cheers
    Anthony

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Anthony,

The ACL feature is not available in JA Page Builder yet, at this moment, only Super Users can edit in builder page.

anthonyrsc Friend

Thanks for your response Saguaros.
    I’m talking more of view access – I’d like to restrict who can view a page created by the page builder.
    Is this possible at all?
    Cheers
    Anthony

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Anthony,

Thought that when creating a new page, there is also an option ‘Access’ where you can select who can view the page: http://prntscr.com/h0rb5b

anthonyrsc Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    OK, I’ve gone and created a new page with the permissions set – It worked.
    So what has become apparent is that I don’t seem to be able to change permissions on pages that have already been created by the builder – I can only set the permissions I want when creating the page.
    I have performed a test to confirm this is the case.

As a work around, I’ll go away now and create a new page with the intended permissions, export the page that I’ve already created and import to the new page with the permissions set from the start. This does mean though that I’ll have to go and amend links in the odd place that references to the pages/menu items URL, so it would be good in the future to be able to alter permissions after page creation.

Kind Regards,
    Anthony

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to change via the menu item? as when you create a new page, it will be saved under a menu via admin panel > menus > the menu you saved to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum