Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

is there any way to remove the page title from displaying in the page while it is seen in the title bar of the browser

ricardomarx Friend

Friend,

If you are using the Joomla 1.5.3, the place to change this info is:

menu / mainmenu / home

Go to system parameters at the right and change it.

Bests,

suresh1416 Friend

but the problem is that when i select not to display in the system parameters the title even in the title bar of the browser is not there.

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    If you want to edit title at Home menu you must go to Menu->Main menu->Home:
    See attach image, edit Page Title
    If you want to remove title at others menu, you go to that menu
    click Show Page Title is No

Tirrawarra Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 63828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    click Show Page Title is No</blockquote>
    thanks – simply when you know how. Thanks for taking the time to write a few lines – when so many say RTFM ! Steve

jratunh21 Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 63828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    click Show Page Title is No</blockquote>

I am using Joomla 1.5.22, and It’s not removing the page title when viewing from the front page. I am also using JA Lead, which you probably figured because I am posting here 😀

I’ll post an article with an image in it, but since the image is so large, it actually pushed the page title beneath the image. I’ve checked the paramaters, global settings etc..etc.. I feel like such a noob.. Please help!!! lol

aman204 Friend

<em>@jratunh21 232518 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am using Joomla 1.5.22, and It’s not removing the page title when viewing from the front page. I am also using JA Lead, which you probably figured because I am posting here 😀

I’ll post an article with an image in it, but since the image is so large, it actually pushed the page title beneath the image. I’ve checked the paramaters, global settings etc..etc.. I feel like such a noob.. Please help!!! lol</blockquote>

Will it be possible for you to please pm me superadmin details to take closer look

jratunh21 Friend

I might be the only one, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that. I kind of just want(ed) to be steered in the right direction. No one has really posted a solution to this, but everyone “PMs” for this particular situation. On the flipside, I do appreciate you trying to assist me :p

aman204 Friend

<em>@jratunh21 232628 wrote:</em><blockquote>I might be the only one, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that. I kind of just want(ed) to be steered in the right direction. No one has really posted a solution to this, but everyone “PMs” for this particular situation. On the flipside, I do appreciate you trying to assist me :p</blockquote>

The above solution is mainly the one which should work (Also, Please ensure to clear your browser cache for changes to reflect)

It is even, outlined here in joomla docs:

http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_remove_or_change_the_%22Welcome_to_the_Frontpage%22_title%3F

jratunh21 Friend

<em>@aman204 232629 wrote:</em><blockquote>The above solution is mainly the one which should work (Also, Please ensure to clear your browser cache for changes to reflect)

It is even, outlined here in joomla docs:

http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_remove_or_change_the_%22Welcome_to_the_Frontpage%22_title%3F</blockquote>

I figured it out. I also was having this problem with JA Lead, and I think I posted in the wrong section of the forum. At any rate, because JA Lead overrides the frontpage manager with code, the front page is all weird and tweaked out. From the template’s index.php, I just fixed this code:

<?php if(!$tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-current-content” class=”clearfix”>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

with:

<div id=”ja-current-content” class=”clearfix”>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />
    </div>

and now my front page is working like normal and the problem has been resolved :laugh:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jratunh21 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum