Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

So I have a corporate layout as my home page, and I would like to remove/hide ‘component’ position from there (my homepage). Is there a way to remove/hide ‘component’ from a particular menu item like ‘Home’ (that would be the best)? Or alternatively remove ‘component’ from particular layout ? (that would be also ok)

Thank you for your time I appreciate any help with that.

Kind regards
    Pawel

arthurjohnston Friend

@pawelgol4 What are you trying to accomplish?

If it is managing articles, Joomla! manages what is displayed on a particular page such as “Home” by configuring the Article Manager or Menu assigned to the page.

Please provide more information.

pawelgol4 Friend

Thx for the answer 🙂

This is what I’m trying to accomplish:

on my home page (menu item ‘home’) I’m using corporate layout,
    but I am not displaying any articles on my home page.
    So I assigned my ‘home’ menu item to empty category. but then there is still empty space (see attached photo) where the main component (articles) normally would be. I cannot use css to remove this as then it is applied to all ‘component’ areas on the whole website in every other layout, every other menu (the same css rule governs ‘component’ area in every layout).

I basically I want to get rid of this remaining empty space as shown on the photo (mind as I said, simply changing css doesn’t work as then this change is applied to EVERY ‘component’ area in every layout what ruins display of other menu items.

I hope I’m clear now.

Kind regards

arthurjohnston Friend

From your email my first impression is that you are displaying the empty category.

Please send via email administrative logon information, and site details.

pawelgol4 Friend

Yes, I am displaying empty category. If you still need my administrative logon information and site details let me know, but really this is very easy to reproduce, just make new menu item, menu type: ‘category blog’ and choose category: ’empty’. (where empty is category without any articles.

Then the space is left as in the picture in my previous post.

Regards

arthurjohnston Friend

I do not have an installation of Purity to verify your configuration.

If you have not already, install Akeeba Backup an perform at least 2 backups. Then create a new Super User account, send the site information, FTP Information and the logon information to me via private email. It will take me a few days to complete. I must work at my real job.

Also, if the "component" position is removed. What did module position you wish to replace it with, if at all?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  arthurjohnston 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum