Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am currently using Joomla 1.5.2 with JA Teline II (had 1.5.3 prior to recent quickstart, and may re-upgrade versions later)

I’ve read through quite a few post in regards to using the Quickstart portion of a template, however, not one of them has made it clear if the process can be used to maintain the USER’s already registered and only provide the “goodies” of the template. I guess the initial answer is that I could have tested the process, however, I have already installed and re-installed at least 3 other Templates (via clean start method) that I really would like to get an experienced Template Developer’s response.

I believe that as I continue to learn the nuances of the Joomla Technology and the related Template process, I will want to become a Developer Member and contribute to the JoomlArt community.

“Teach one to Teach others”
    – Furious bEz :: Furious as in the spirit of the moment, not the evil mentality

Menalto Friend

If yo gonna use a Quickstart package it needs to be a clean install since the quickstart is a fully joomla installation.
    But it one thing you can do is to strip down the package so you have just the modules,components, democontent in the package and upload, then go trough the sql file and add just the tables for the demo content into your excicting db. I have not tested this but it should work.

reyman Friend

How to use T2 without using quickstart ? Is there any step-by-step how to use it ? Why there’s templates + modules only so we can install only the template, not the whole joomla. So it only requires smaller size to download. :((

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  reyman 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum