Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey Guys,

I am trying to install this template via the quick start …i extracted the zip file in /public_html

when i go to the site in browser….it does the Joomla Web Installer…there i get this error:

Session save path Unwriteable
    Not set

Now if i just go ahead and hit next on step 1 page it ask for MySQL UN/DB/PW…do i jsut create empty DB through cpanel and plug the info here or what?

Please guide me the steps to install the quickstart so i can get this rolling.

Thanks

iirobotics Friend

Check permissions on folder.. CHMOD Use Smart ftp to get permissions soughted (mayvbe)

Michael Casha Friend

It should be fine, as long as you complete the installation there and then. As far as I am aware it works fine, it’s just if you decide to stop the install then continue later.

graphicstylus Friend

I tried that…chmod /tmp to 777 no luck so far

graphicstylus Friend

i will go ahead and continue and pray that nothing later thats effected…i just read places that if you continue you have probs installing mambots later

webssolutions Friend

I was around 3 weeks behin the solution and at last i got it
    the best way to get that the quickstart works is that you install from you cpanel a clean joomla site, so after of it delete the next folders
    administrator
    components
    editor
    images
    mambots
    modules
    templates

after to delete them replace with the folders that come inside the larix quickstart
    at the end delete the configuration.php and you at last will be able to see the joomla installer and will get that the quickstart works.

Good Luck.
    Mariela Vasquez
    Webs Solutions

sbst Friend

Mariela:
    Thanks for your posting, it saved me a lot of headaches.
    Just some additions.
    If you are using Fantastico installer in your C-panel, it will do the complete installation (including the delete installation file), thus you won’t be able to go to the install.
    What I did was.
    -Download the regular Joomla distribution
    – Uncompress it in your directory (Usually it can be done from the Cpanel)
    -Then delete the files that tenisecuador (Mariela) mentiones above + the “installation” directory.
    -Copy over the files from the quickstart to your fresh directory (important copy the installation from the quickstart folder, otherwise it won’t add all the modules, templates etc).
    Since the installation has not happened yet, there is no configuration.php file to delete.
    You are ready to run the installation.
    Good luck.
    Roman.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sbst 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum