Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

i am a beginner that just installed the quickstart template. it was kinda confusing at first. i had to completely uninstall joomla. then i created a new folder called quickstart to install everything into.

1) COMPLETELY unzip the quickstart zip files. then upload all of the folders into the quickstart folder.
    2) unzip the template & slideshow zip files to the main folder.
    3) upload the template & slideshow folders into the quickstart folder
    4) log onto your site http://www.yoursite.com/quickstart
    5) then the installation procedures should start as in the quickstart guide.

after i figured it out it was pretty easy.

cusack01 Friend

The installation says I need to enter the locahost….

What should that be?? This manual is assuming everything and is NOT written very well

mj1256 Friend

first of all

everyone should state who there hosting provider is, they all have different setups, so one set of instructions does not fit. And and others know from my postings, godaddy is a whole different story

I recommend that JA make this a rule for install help as without this we are blind ot help you
    1) state hosting provider
    2) state cpanel, plesk or other

now, i read thru the posts, all you need to upload is the QS zip file or contents there of, nothing else

if you have cpanel
    1) upload the QS zip ONLY, , use your cpanel file manager and expand it in the root of your websote, typically, public_html

do not put it in a folder named Quickstart, or any other subfolder, as then your url for the site would be
    http://www.yourdomain.com/quickstart

2) if you cannot expand files on the server, you need to unzip the QS on your local drive and then upload the contents individually to your server, the public_html folder.

3) make your mysql database, make a user, assign the user all Privileges,

write down this info , you need it for the install, also, your mysql location should be localhost, but on hosting companies like godaddy, you will need to get that info from them.

go to your URL, the first screen of the install will be there, after you enter your mysql info (I think its step three) make sure you click install sample data, just follow the instructions, its preety clear

bbartel123 Friend

I’m new. Followed instructions – After I edit the extensions/template the parms.ini file becomes unwritable. It does this until I upload a fresh copy of my index.php file via ftp. Below is the message. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

The parameter file /templates/ja_topaz/params.ini is unwritable!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  bbartel123 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum