Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Today we gonna walk you trough on how to install the qick start package:

Requirements:

READ HERE

First download the quick start package from HERE , unzip it on your computer.

Now you see you have several folders and files in a folder called JA Edenite1.5_V1.0.

Open up your ftp program and connect to your server, browse to the folder JA Edenite1.5_V1.0 and upload all files inside that folder to your webserver.

While waiting for the files to finish we can prepare a database:

1. This step is done with phpmyadmin, if you dont have that please check with your host on how to create a database.

– Give the database a name, pick any name, but make sure you remember it and then press “Create”

Next step is to install Joomla:

Open up your favourite browser and point the browser to your site: http://www.yoursite.com
    Now you see the Joomla installation screen and first step is to choose language, i choose english.

Press next and you get this:

Next step is to see if your server have the needed requirements, if anything is red here you should try to correct it before you continue:

Next step, we need to type in the mysql info we created earlier:
    Remember:
    All letters/numbers is case sensitive.
    Host Name: This is in many cases localhost, but this depends on your host and what kind of system they use.
    User name: The user name you have created for use with this database
    Password: The password you have setup for this database.
    Database name: The name of the database you created

Next step is FTP info:

Next step is to set up your admin account, one important thing here is to press Install Sample Data

Press next and you are taken to this screen:

Then its just to open the ftp program again and delete the folder called installation

Now you are ready to start adding your content, change layout etc on your new installed Joomla site with the clean and sofisticated JA Edenite finished installed and preconfigured to let you have you good starting point.
    Check out the configuration of the template:
    Go to the administrator panel and choose Extensions>Template Manager, mark JA Edenite and press Edit on top right:

Then you get a new screen with some configuration settings on right side:

Here you can adjust the most important settings on this template to suit you and your users needs.

manindersingh Friend

Plz chk screenshot attached below. I am unable to edit this file even via FTP program. Cant enable FTP settings in Joomla Control Panel.

Thanks.

darylba Friend

Hi,

Your params.ini file needs to be made ‘ writable ‘ , it is currently un-writable and any changes you try to make will not take.

Regards

keywho Friend

I am a first timer with JA. Reading the above installation guidelines, it seems to me like I am re-intalling not just the template but the entire joomla enviroment all over again. I already have joomla installed in my test server (localhost) and I just want to install a different template (Edenite). Is there another option available for installing the template without having to intall joomla itselt?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

kindkitchen Friend

You can download the template – the only issue with this is that you will have to set up the extensions and modules to appear as they are in the demo site.. this will take some fiddling..

<em>@keywho 48296 wrote:</em><blockquote>I already have joomla installed in my test server (localhost) and I just want to install a different template (Edenite). Is there another option available for installing the template without having to intall joomla itselt? </blockquote>

kindkitchen Friend

As I am waiting for my installation directory to be deleted.. and crossing my fingers on having the template look as it does in the demo..

As a quickstart first timer I did the following and noticed the following blips as I followed the directions.. and will run through the steps I took:

1. Downloaded the quickstart folder..
    2. I unzipped it.
    3. Then I unzipped the zipped files inside the folder then uploaded the folder and its contents to my root site.
    4. After the upload was complete I went to my root URL and saw this:
    5. So I clicked through to to the quickstart folder and the installation began..
    6. All was good until I went to the root url and got the index list as pictured above again..
    7. So I moved the contents of the quickstart folder to the root folder.. all was fixed..
    8. It looks exactly like the demo by the way and I am very impressed..

So I would change the directions a little for newbies .. unless I misunderstood a step..

1. Unpack the downloaded zip file. You will now see a folder containing zip files
    2. unzip all the files
    3. The zipped files you have just unpacked will contain a quickstart folder (not to be confused with the main folder which is also called quickstart)
    4. FTP the contents of the internal quickstart folder to your root directory..
    5. next FTP the remaining unzipped folders to the root directory
    6. once the upload is complete log into your root url and begin the joomla installation process
    7. [/LIST

you can see the install at http://www.bangladesh-animal-care.org .. now to make it my own 🙂

comments?

felsimedia Friend

@kindkitchen

I think you didn’t delete the installation folder.
    You need to start to installation process again. Check your link.

kindkitchen Friend

I just began another quickstart.. testing my instructions.. looks like it worked.. 🙂

heidi Friend

kindkitchen…

Do I need to download a slideshow module for this template or is it included in the Quickstart? I kind of thought the Quickstart would have everything needed to make the installation look like the demo.

Menalto Friend

<em>@heidi 53790 wrote:</em><blockquote>kindkitchen…

Do I need to download a slideshow module for this template or is it included in the Quickstart? I kind of thought the Quickstart would have everything needed to make the installation look like the demo.</blockquote>

It have all things installed, is it only the slideshow missing? Everything else is like on the demo?

heidi Friend

Well, I haven’t actually completed the install. I am getting this:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin46/domains/blummercpa.com/public_html/configuration.php:1) in /home/admin46/domains/blummercpa.com/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 407

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/admin46/domains/blummercpa.com/public_html/configuration.php:1) in /home/admin46/domains/blummercpa.com/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 407

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin46/domains/blummercpa.com/public_html/configuration.php:1) in /home/admin46/domains/blummercpa.com/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 410

Here is the url: http://blummercpa.com/administrator/

chercka Friend

I am really having a hard time with this quickstart package. Also the tutorial video does not work. The sound cuts out about 10 seconds into it.

This is what I do (and have tried variations of for about 10 tries)
    1. I download the package.
    2. Unzip the file and all zips inside the file.
    3. I upload the contents of “ja_edenite_quickstart_v1.2_1.5.3” to my root
    4. I upload the folder “Templates” to root
    5. I upload the foler “Extensions” to root
    6. I direct my browser to the address and begin installation. It says my configuration.php is unwritable. Also PHP “safemode” and “display errors” appear as set to ON instead of OFF.
    7. When I get to install sample data I get an error message: Error:The xml response that was returned from the server was invalid
    8. I finish the install and am shown the site. All it says is: Home.

Thanks for your help, I have used Joomla quite a bit and am simply miffed at this. Would be nice with a better tutorial. 🙂

nikiastevens Friend

Something has gone wrong witht the quickstart installation. I uploaded all the files to my root menu and established a new database. When I went to my url to begin the installation of joomla, the installation process skipped right to the please remove the installation directory. I did not have the opportunity to complete the previous steps (lisence, pre-installation, db config, install sample data)

What have i done wrong?

well… I have deleted the installation directory & since I wasn’t able to set up the database, when I go to my url it says unable to find database….

any suggestions?

chercka Friend

hmm I think the installation fills out the configuration.php file, so if that has been written to, it assumes the install is finished, and you need to delete the installation directory.

I would simply try again. Delete everything and re-upload.

subhav Friend

All,

I am a beginer to Joomla and I have allready installed Joomla.
    1) I am not sure how to install this template, without installing Joomla again.
    2) Do i really need to uninstall Joomla? If so how can i go about doing that?
    3) I am also running it on my computer as localhost on XAMPP. So i am not sure which folder i should be putting what files before installing Joomla again.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

BS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  bbartel123 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum