Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone, another nooby question here:

I was wondering, where/how can or rather should I change the colors of the P3 megamenu?

With the ThemeMagic, I can easily change the basic color, but what about the dropdown color (which is dark grey)?

Do I have to do this manually within the custom.css, or is there a better solution?

pavit Moderator

Do I have to do this manually within the custom.css, or is there a better solution?

Hi

You can use the custom.css file or also the less files

Example dropdown color ( @grey-dark ) can be found in this file/templates/purity_iii/less/variables.less

around line 208 you can find

@dropdown-bg:                    @gray-dark;

color for @gray-dark is defined in the same file around line 26

@gray-dark:              #444; 

change them as you wish and then compile less to css.

Regards

wcenter Friend

Okay, but aren’t those rewritten whenever someone uses the ThemeMagic tool to change anything?

Is there really no other way as to replace all occurances by writing it into the custom.css?

I took a look at "Simpli", there you can actually select the colors you wish for almost anything (including the menu).

No such thing for "P3"?

pavit Moderator

Is there really no other way as to replace all occurances by writing it into the custom.css?

You can use the inspector tool find the code and use the custom.css to apply your customizations
    Take also a look at the custom.css documentation HERE

wcenter Friend

I know that!

My question is, if there is no other way than that?

pavit Moderator

if there is no other way than that?

No other ways

wcenter Friend

Great. -_-

ej_drama Friend

A follow up question please

with Purity 3 i have made 3 layouts so by adding a custom.css how to make the megamenu appear with different colors depending on the layout/theme i want to use/appear?

pavit Moderator

Hi

Simply assign the template style ( where you have assigned as theme your specific theme ) to the menu item

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum