Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Forum,

Site is using the Purity III template on Joomla 3.2.

I want to be able to change the contents of the Floating Menu, depending on the area of the site, but for some reason the template is not allowing the Joomla configuration to change the mainnav menu definition when I go to a specific page.

Here is what I have configured in Joomla

MainMenuModule -> location Purity iii mainnav
    Menu Assignment -> Only On Specific Pages
    Home Page
    About Page
    Contact Page etc.

DocMenuModule -> location Purity iii mainnav
    Menu Assignment -> Only on Specific Pages
    UserGuide Page
    FAQ Page

So I have two Menu Modules that are assigned to the mainnav location, but only for specific pages. I would think that this should work, but for some reason the template always only uses the MainMenuModule.

I must be doing something wrong in the configuration or the Template needs to be changed to support this functionality.

Thanks for the help.

cssyeah Moderator

I tried to follow steps you mentioned on JA Purity III, however the result is not as expected. The reason is that the template menu loads each menu in system, instead of loading a specific position.

Anyway, you can give it a try with this workaround.

Navigate to Purity III backend > Extensions > Template Manager> Select Purity III default style (for instance) > In the tab Navigation, select Main Menu option. Then assign this template style to specific page (i.e. Home, About, Contact…)

Then, copy a style of Purity III template and assign another menu to this style (you can load Docmenu). Once done, assign this style to specific page (user guide, FAQs…).

After these steps done, when click on different page, the main menu of Purity III should display each menu respectively.

Note: This approach uses template style to load menu, instead of using module to load menu.

xpertassist Friend

Wow, Great workaround Support HERO…

Worked like a champ. Only minor correction is that you need to change the Template selection on each menu item to select the new Template that was created with the new Menu.

It wasn’t clear from the documentation that MainNav Navigation is now supported by the template. Always learning something new.

Thanks for the help.
    Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xpertassist 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum