Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi, I created a form using RSForm. This form has to be opened on a popup using JCE.

The code of the link to the popup in the article is as follows <a href="index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=4&tmpl=component" target="_blank" type="text/html" class="jcepopup btn btn-primary btn-rounded center" title="" data-mediabox-width="640">Start now !

The popup opens properly. I can fill in all the details, but when I click the submit button the popup disappears and then appears a thanks full screen. If there is an error in the input data, a full screen with detected errors also appear.

My question is … the thank you message (when the data is correct) can be displayed in the popup? I mean without sending to a new full screen

The same point when there are errors fulfilling the form. Errors can be displayed in the popup?

I’ve been reporting this issue to the rsform developper and you can read here their answers

RSFORM "Hello Joan, You can try enabling the built-in AJAX validation to no longer refresh your form page while validating your fields (while editing a form > Properties > Form Info > AJAX validation). Regards!"

ME "Hi Adrian, thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately it did’nt run on my case. I tried to switch AJAX Validation ON and OFF and no changes on the behaviour. When I click submit always open a new window."

RSFORM "Hello Joan, AJAX validation would be used in case your fields invalidate to no longer exit the pop-up. The form data gets submitted when the page actually refreshes, since this exits your pop-up, you can try contacting your pop-up developers directly on this matter. Normally adding RSForm!Pro in a pop-up would be done like so (which doesn’t exit the pop-up when the form submits): https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsform-pro/custom-scripting/how-to-add-a-lightbox-or-modal-window-to-rsform-pro-.html However, in your case, the above article approach might not work due to your template definitions. Regards!"

So, they say that the problem is based on the template ?¿?¿?¿

The article where the problem is located is here. The rsjoomla form is here, and finally, here is the article in the front office

Any help to solve this problem will be very appreciatted.

Thank you

Joan

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xuxo,

Please navigate to admin >>> Menus >>> Main Menu >>> edit menu item Inbound Marketing >>> in Template Style >>> choose Protostar to use default Joomla! template in this page. Navigate here (now you will see default Joomla! template instead of Uber), test the form to see if it work and let me know the result.

xuxo Friend

Hi Adam M, I switched the template to Protostar, and well the form opens on a popup, that’s the behaviour expected, but when I click submit, always (wether is an error on fulfiling the form or all the input data is correct) the popup disappears and a new full screen appears.

My wish is to hold the interaction in the same popup

People of RSForm saw that is caused by Uber template definitions

Thanks a lot for your help

Joan

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xuxo,

Regarding your test result with Protostar template, the popup somehow didn’t work properly after you hit Submit. So as you can see, if the extension doesn’t work with even default Joomla! template, it just won’t work with any template out there. In such case, the answer from RSForm supporter saying that the problem was caused by Uber is unreasonable as if you’re testing with Protostar, there’s nothing to do with Uber here, right ?

xuxo Friend

Ok Adam M, thank you for your answer. I’ll check with RSForm folks.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xuxo,

Glad to be of assistance. If you still have any question, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Adam.

xuxo Friend

Hi Adam M, finally RSForm guys provide me with a solution which is valid for my expected popup behaviour.

The solution is to follow the following approach —- > https://www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/rsform-pro/custom-scripting/how-to-add-a-lightbox-or-modal-window-to-rsform-pro-.html

But they saw that Uber negates this functionality. The following file, located under this path,

../t3-assets/dev/templates.uber.less.bootstrap.less.css

has the following definitions in place:

.modal { display: none; overflow: hidden; position: fixed; top: 0; right: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; z-index: 1050; -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch; outline: 0; }

They suggest to open it, search and comment these definition. I did, and now the system works perfect.

My question is … removing these "modal" definition will cause problems in other template functionalities? Can I be relaxed about colateral problems?

Thank you again for your support

Joan

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xuxo,

Actually, the code in ../t3-assets/dev/templates.uber.less.bootstrap.less.css is a minor bug in the template, feel free to remove it as suggested.

xuxo Friend

Hi Adam again. Now I updated the JA ACM module to version 2.1.0 and cannot view the Start now! button which is the Call to Action

Start now button code is as follows <a class="modal btn btn-primary btn-rounded center" href="index.php?option=com_rsform&formId=4&tmpl=component" rel="{handler: ‘iframe’, size: {x: 480, y: 600}}">Start now !

Page is this one

I’ll appreciate your help

Joan

xuxo Friend

Hi, I checked switching the template to Protostar and the Start Now button appears, so apparently is a problem with Uber template

Thanks for any help you can provide

Joan

xuxo Friend

Hi, please someone who can help me with this issue ??

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xuxo,

Please open file templates/uber/css/custom.css (create a new one if you don’t have this file) and add this code :

body .modal {
         display: inline-block;
         position: static;
    }
    xuxo Friend

Ok, Thank you ADAM

Adam M Moderator

Hi @xuxo,

Glad to be of assistance. Since your problem is solved, I’m going to close this thread now.

Best regards,

Adam.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum