Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am trying to move from my existing template (OSProperty Real Homes) to JA Social and having a number of problems. I have been following the setup guides but some of my views do not look the same, or appear to be missing some things:

1. When I go to the default installed JASocial template and click on layout I do not have the boxes as per the demo, mine just have a couple of dropdown boxes. It suggests I click on configuration but I do not have any configuration icon in top right position – or anywhere else (see image)

2. On my home page I have an image and a searchbox however my searchbox (which should sit inside my image) is now pushed down the page

3. When I move between the menu items i.e. Dashboard or Home the page widths are different/change the should all be the same width – like in the template example. I have gone in to addons and selected All for EasySocial but it doesn’t seem to work.

4. The header section and mega menu behave oddly, if you click on Marketplace the Building & Maintenance category the menu dissappears and the top header bar changes colour from the one I have set (the orange) it seems manu pages loose the formatting even though default template is set for all pages. Update: it seems the problem mentioned at 4 happens when you click on any links – same thing happens in my news sections, if I click on News then open a blog article this issue is there too. Unfortunately I can’t start from scratch rebuilding this so I am hoping there is a way to get these things to work.

I have provided login details so you can see my issues first hand.

Kind regards

1. no_config_icon
    suntrap Friend

Ok never mind,

as there is no response or support on here, I have no choice now but to look for another template elsewhere.

Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

Apologies for this late response, somehow we missed this thread. I see your site is using another template. If you still need help, pls send us admin access and ftp account via private reply. We shall help you out.

Warning
    Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.

Regards

suntrap Friend

Hi Ninja Moderator,

thank you for responding. My apologies for my impatience (I forget most people don’t work weekends like me).

Yes, I started to try an alternative template but ideally I want to use this JA Social one. I have moved a copy of the site to a spare domain so you can take a look at my issues. I will update the user details to point to the temp location. If it cannot be fixed then I can continue to try the new template without having to re-do all my work if that makes sense.

I have installed extexplorer too so you can access the server files.

Kind regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

1) Have you solved it? I see it’s working as well, kindly have a loot at template_setting.png

2) Open templates/ja_social_ii/css/custom.css file and add new CSS style

.head-search {
        float: right;
    }

.head-login {
        margin-top: 24px;
        margin-bottom: 30px;
    }

3) I checked News page and see it’s working fine, see the easyblog.png

4) Can you send me the screenshot and description of what are you trying to do? it will help to understand the problem on your site.

1. template_setting-1
    2. easyblog
    suntrap Friend

Hi Ninja,

thank you for getting back to me.

I deleted my site and re-installed the same copy as on the site you viewed, now the boxes appear in my template area 🙂

I still have some of the existing issues:

1. On the homepage I have my large image and my property searchbox (which normally sits in the centre of that) but it is pushed underneath. It needs to keep its existing formatting i.e. blue search buttons etc. I added the css code you gave to the custom.css file but it didn’t fix it.

2. Also, it seems the home page is slightly narrower than all the other pages – so that seems to be why the menus are squashed – both the main navigation and the sidebar menus – how do I make them the same as the rest of the site? It is odd as I have set the JA Social template to all menu items.

3. In the EasySocial dashboard areas there are random blue colours i.e. the profile dropdown area, how do I make all those blue colours blend in with the rest of the site (the orange colour)?

I have switched on the access on the live site so you can see what I mean and also see the following images:

Kind regards

1. homepagesearch
    2. randomblue
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I spent a lot of time to detect the problem on your site

*   Your site is using data from old site

*   Install JA Social II template and T3 framework

*   All the configuration with other modules on your site got problem

I’m so sorry about this because JA Social II template with many configures from our products here and when you apply it to another module on your site, it could not get the style as our demo.

In this case, you can make custom work and I’m afraid you will not be able to do it as current way because it requires changing each style from our product to apply with each module (3rd party extensions) on your site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum