Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi folks!

I’m having trouble to include an ISO-8859-1 feed (http://www.immonewsfeed.de/rss.php?iKey=230552e2e6c6a8a2d194ff0218b9a276_187&anzahl=25) via the social feed plugin in my site. The headline and fulltext content doesn´t display "ä, ü, ö,ß" (language: german)…. other utf-8 coded feeds are displayed right….

How and where can i adjust the php files(decode, encode Problem?) for a correct depiction?

cheers

Saguaros Moderator

@jamesbondi89

May I know what’s database collation on your site? With language has special characters like that, it’s recommended to use utf8_general_ci database collation. You can use Admin Tools or ask your host for help to change this.

jamesbondi89 Friend

hi again!

the db says "utf8mb4_unicode_ci". Is it really necessary to change the whole db collation or is it possible to change just the ones which are affected?

Saguaros Moderator

Not sure if other modules also use these content or not so try to change the database to collation as I mentioned and import content again. Remember to backup your site first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum