Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Hi @drarvindc

Thanks for getting back to me, the 4k thread I believe is an important one as 4k monitors, tv’s and mobile devices are going mainstream this year. The price of a good 4k 42inch tv is now just £349 in the UK and at least 3 smartphones are using 4k resolution and I guess any new devices will be in this resolution too.

As to the Uber/ACM idea I had, I totally understand where you are coming from saying that some users will not be happy as they expect monthly brand new templates. However there are other users that are very favourable of my idea, just look at how many members thanked my post and they are only from the people that viewed this post.

There is a very easy way to keep everyone happy, which is to create a new subscription service like “Uber/ACM club” where you implement my idea on a separate subscription.

I am happy to pay $100 or even more per year if you implemented my idea and I would also keep my regular template club membership too, so you guys would make more money!

Please “don’t miss the boat” with the ACM module that is truly the best thing that has happened to Joomla in a long time. The time it saves and the flexibility the ACM gives you is just amazing, saves creating multiple module classes and php work for positioning as we just use the layout and change style to suit the project. The only thing that would stop ACM becoming truly world class is if there were no more updates or new blocks added.

Heck, I’ll even help you guys do some css styling for it. I really hope you guys do this and cement your names at the top of Joomla dev. It’s like you’ve got 100kg’s of platinum in front of you, but don’t realize it’s value.

I hope I’ve put forward a good case for consideration and I’m happy to help in any way if you decide to go forward and need any help at all.

Thanks,
    Richard

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Richard,

Yes, we saw the thanks you got on that reply and thats why Uber is being pushed again, it would have been released earlier but Boss rejected the demo and asked for more improvement.

I am sure, we would be having angry members, who wont like the idea of recycling old templates, we rarely do that and I hope you can help us answering some of them. I got overruled just coz of that reply of yours. We cant please everyone but we certainly dont want angry members. The expectations should be met and our belief is that one would want a different template every month.

The preview is approved and should be online soon and the template is supposed to be out by 10th this month. We are running really late for the past 3 months due to major projects late last year such as Uber and Teline V, which took much longer to finish and thats why we also have backlog of J 3.4.x update and major pending updates for Mijoshop and few more 3rd party extension dependent templates.

On a separate note, i am really confused about the ecommerce component we should use. Virtuemart we do support as it is easy to update and maintain. Mijoshop was the same but now they moved to opencart 2 and our templates are a mess, we now have support from payCart team and we are rolling out that support too but making sure that users do have option to choose from.

Its hard to judge what would be more acceptable, if we go with Mijoshop or other solution, guys say that we din provide VM support and vice versa. Adding paycart support took one extra week for last release, we could have covered lost time if we would skipped it but we do try to roll out products that may prove useful to maximum members.

Just to assure you all, we are listening but on priority we want to cover up lost time, so that we can divert resources to undertake routine maintenance and upgrade tasks also, which for now we are struggling with.

Arvind

Scott Lavelle Friend

I’m still awaiting the ability to add the ACM extension to a template that is NOT UBER. As I mentioned before, like many in this community, we build our sites based on the T3_Blank template/framework. As such, we basically NEVER use a template. I have a subscription to the template club here anyway so that I am able to use some of the components in the teamplates.

I honestly use almost all 3rd party components (i.e. not JoomlArt) for many reasons, so I was kind of excited when ACM came along as a possibility, only to be shot down that it can only be used with Uber. How limiting this is. If you try to download the ACM “system” from the Uber template, you can do so, but installing it leaves quite an unusable mess. The css and less files aren’t properly included, the language files don’t work right, the admin area for these ACM parts look terrible, etc. Whatever gain there might be in using these parts is wrecked by the fact that it isn’t properly implemented outside of the Uber template.

The same thing happened with the lack of “responsiveness” of the music library that came out at the time of the Muzik template. The album/songs component was not inherently responsive outside of that template. As such, it was not a good replacement for me to get rid of the sometimes-problematic and less-than-feature-filled AllVideos.

This is a total drag on my end. As others, I may not even continue my subscription here, as the only reason I have it at all is for the components I have access to, most of which I just don’t use for either lack of features compared to others available, or issues such as those described with ACM.

If I could get all of the components/modules/plugins along with a fully-implemented ACM with the Extensions club, I’d probably just go that way.

Your thoughts?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Phill Moderator

My personal thoughts, not those of JA I hope you understand.

Uber is great, but limited in many ways. It has some superb ideas behind it but because it works on a module based system it is certainly not good for many uses. If you want a nice quick easy build then fantastic, Uber does just that. If you want more complexity, to use many third party components etc within the modules then things become tricky. I personally prefer a well designed template and hopefully one designed with many different layout options including a video layout, a masonry/lazyload layout etc. That is what I prefer.

So what about ACM in other templates, a tricky one that as it really is a set of modules. There is a lot of less/css involved in the build to which is not easilly added to existing templates. Yes, it could be included in the ACM but you would need styling for each individual template, plus the custom module positions. It really is a complex task, a heck of a lot of work involved and each individual template would need to be worked on as a separate design.

The component in JA Muzik I too would have loved that to one work well in other templates, it really is good. I do hope the dev team re-visit that as it is a great idea.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Guys,

I tried to reply to this post the other day but the forum had gone down temporarily.

@drarvindc

Thank you for listening, I love the new additions to Uber however it doesn’t seem they are displaying on the demo. Maybe that needs looking into, as I couldn’t see the new styles or blocks.

I understand fully that you will never keep 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. If you get anyone complaining please point me in their direction as I’m sure a little explanation will change their minds.

As to the shopping cart, my idea is this,
    Would it be possible to use “extended template styles” as a base and you could then style for all VM, Mijo, PayCart, Hika (you have already done this with VM) See screenshot below,

If you have this available for all templates (especially Uber) then everyone should be happy as it makes life easier for them no matter which shopping cart they are using. Also the Uber VM extended style would fit virtually all JA templates so no need to change anything really (maybe button colours etc)

Then eventually you could end up with more “template extended styles” like “Virtuemart style 2” and this would be highly beneficial to users allowing them to turn any template into ecommerce with very little styling needed. Also this would ensure that no one moans about you not using their preferred shopping cart.

If you have to pick just one then my personal preference after 1st hand experience is Mijoshop, their support team reply to tickets quickly and efficiently (million times better than VM support) and being based on OpenCart 2.0 it allows us access to literally 100,000+ extensions and plugins. The checkout by default is superior to VM and PayCart, this is a very important factor to me as a bad checkout page means people are likely to not finish their purchase.

Hope this helps and if you need any help with members moaning about Uber, send them my way or PM me the thread.

@slavelle

I have ACM working on several JA templates, I had to make a thread first but after that they updated and it should work on all templates. If you can’t get it working still, then install Uber as well as the other template and it should work then for sure. If after that you are still having problems then please make a thread in the forum asking for help, JA staff are really good.

Thanks,
    Richard

1. 87397455d5
    webdevs Friend

Hi gringo211985,

I have recently used Uber template for one of my customers, It is great but it has also some trouble which is very hard to deal with them, for example, in the Register form there are some bugs, the state of country is not appeared and therefore you can not register as new customer. I have found more faults in this template, if you have time i can ask some of them and you might guide me how to overcome them.

Cheers,

WebDev

gringo211985 Friend

<em>@webdevs 505273 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi gringo211985,

I have recently used Uber template for one of my customers, It is great but it has also some trouble which is very hard to deal with them, for example, in the Register form there are some bugs, the state of country is not appeared and therefore you can not register as new customer. I have found more faults in this template, if you have time i can ask some of them and you might guide me how to overcome them.

Cheers,

WebDev</blockquote>

Hi @webdevs

Sure no problem, send me a pm and I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks,
    Richard

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  gringo211985 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum