Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Sounds basic, but I cannot find a position to place a module between sidebar-1 and sidebar-2 on corporate layout.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Gustavo

TomC Moderator

Can you be a little more specific as to what it is you are trying to do?

Perhaps a mock-up screenshot?

gfadel Friend

The screenshot is from the positions from the Purity III corporate layout for my site.

Between sidebar-1 and sidebar-2 there is no position, which I believe is reserved for an article, for example. But in the mainpage I don’t want any articles, but to place a module (mijoshop module) on that space.

1. image
    TomC Moderator

I believe that area is designated for “content” – such as articles.

You can view the various layout configurations within the Purity III demo page –> HERE

gfadel Friend

<em>@TomC 423363 wrote:</em><blockquote>I believe that area is designated for “content” – such as articles.

You can view the various layout configurations within the Purity III demo page –> HERE</blockquote>

That’s what I suspected. But on the frontpage, where I will not use articles, will this space be lost? I might have read it wrongly, but all corporate variations includes content.

is there any layout that does not include content on the frontpage?

Thanks,

Gustavo

Nazario A Friend

Hi Gustavo,

If you want to use the layout which does not include content on the front-page, you can try suggestion below:

– Create a new file called “no-content.php” in /templates/your_template_name/tpls/blocks/mainbody/ path, then add this snippet:

<?php
    /**
    * @package T3 Blank
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined('_JEXEC') or die;

/**
    * Mainbody 2 columns, content in center: sidebar1 - sidebar2
    */
    ?>

<div id="t3-mainbody" class="container t3-mainbody">
    <div class="row">

<!-- SIDEBAR 1 -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-1 col-xs-6 col-md-6 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar1']) ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar1']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR 1 -->

<!-- SIDEBAR 2 -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-2 col-xs-6 col-md-6 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar2']) ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar2']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR 2 -->

</div>
    </div>

– Create the 2nd new file called “mainbody-no-content.php” in /templates/your_template_name/tpls/blocks/ path, then add this snippet:

<?php
    /**
    * @package T3 Blank
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2012 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    */

?>

<?php

/**
    * Mainbody 3 columns, content in center: sidebar1 - content - sidebar2
    */

// positions configuration
    $sidebar1 = 'sidebar-1';
    $sidebar2 = 'sidebar-2';

$sidebar1 = $this->countModules($sidebar1) ? $sidebar1 : false;
    $sidebar2 = $this->countModules($sidebar2) ? $sidebar2 : false;

// detect layout
    if ($sidebar1 && $sidebar2) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/no-content', array('sidebar1' => $sidebar1, 'sidebar2' => $sidebar2));
    } elseif ($sidebar1) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-left', array('sidebar' => $sidebar1));
    } elseif ($sidebar2) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-right', array('sidebar' => $sidebar2));
    } else {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/no-sidebar');
    }

– Create the 3rd file called “corporate-no-content.php” in /templates/your_template_name/tpls/ path, then add this code:

<?php
    /**
    *------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * @package T3 Framework for Joomla!
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2004-2013 JoomlArt.com. All Rights Reserved.
    * @authors JoomlArt, JoomlaBamboo, (contribute to this project at github
    * & Google group to become co-author)
    * @google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/t3fw
    * @link: http://t3-framework.org
    */

?>

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>"
    class='<jdoc:include type="pageclass" />'>

<head>
    <jdoc:include type="head" />
    <?php $this->loadBlock('head') ?>
    <?php $this->addCss('layouts/corporate') ?>
    </head>

<body>

<div class="t3-wrapper corporate"> <!-- Need this wrapper for off-canvas menu. Remove if you don't use of-canvas -->

<?php $this->loadBlock('header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('slideshow') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-1') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody-no-content') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-2') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-3') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('footer') ?>

</div>

</body>
    </html>

– Finally, go to the Template Manager >> Purity III – Corporate >> Layout >> Select “corporate-no-content” layout.
    http://prntscr.com/3cxjgb

Here is result:

*Notice: This layout is used when you use 2 sidebars: sidebar-1 and sidebar-2.

Hope this helps.

1. pu1
    gfadel Friend

Thanks, I will try this…

gfadel Friend

Hello,

It did work, but:

1) I have assigned the new layout to my home menu item (main page). But them all others menu items are not shown anymore. What else do I need to set?
    2) How to resize the sidebars in ⅓ e ⅔ of the width?

Thanks,

Gustavo

Nazario A Friend

Hi Gustavo,

<blockquote>1) I have assigned the new layout to my home menu item (main page). But them all others menu items are not shown anymore. What else do I need to set? </blockquote>

It would be best if you can send me the URL, admin credential of your site via PM and post the screenshot highlighting your problem here so that I can help you out.

<blockquote>2) How to resize the sidebars in ⅓ e ⅔ of the width? </blockquote>

Please open the file: /templates/your_template_name/tpls/mainbody/no-content.php, find this code:

<!-- SIDEBAR 1 -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-1 col-xs-6 col-md-6 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar1']) ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar1']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR 1 -->

<!-- SIDEBAR 2 -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-2 col-xs-6 col-md-6 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar2']) ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar2']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR 2 -->

You can resize the sidebar in red. Total width is 12, if you want to the sidebar-1 (1/3 of the width) and the sidebar-2 (2/3 of the width) that you can change as follows:

<!-- SIDEBAR 1 -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-1 col-xs-6 col-md-4 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar1']) ?>">
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR 1 -->

<!-- SIDEBAR 2 -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-2 col-xs-6 col-md-8 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar2']) ?>">
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR 2 -->

Let me know if this helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nazario A 9 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum