Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I am wanting to upgrade to Joomla 3.5 and use PHP 7.0. Will Joomlart’s templates, plugins, components and modules etc be compatible?

It comes out on 17th March 2016 so hopefully you guys will have everything ready to support 3.5 by then.

Thanks,
    Richard

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    At present template/extension are not ready for the Latest Joomla ,
    Our Team is working on it but as u no stable version will comes out and it take some time to update the large collection of template and extension .
    I suggestion you to do not update Joomla to latest version till the extension template are not ready for it .
    If you want to test it kindly check it on local system or test sites 🙂
    Always take site backup before updating templates/Extension/Joomla .

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @pankaj Sharma,

I honestly thought you guys would have been on this sooner, the beta has been out for ages now and most other template and extension developers are ready to go. In fact the only thing holding me back would be JA stuff.

Please get working on this asap as I want all my ecommerce using php7 for speed.

Thanks,
    Richard

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    As i said before Our Team is working on it but as u no stable version will comes out and it take some time to update the large collection of template and extension .
    I just reminded the concern team for the same again .
    Stay tuned …
    Regards

PS : Read our blog post Latest All news and updates .

splico123 Friend

Well only thing to say here is that we all hope that you release updates soon and not wait months.
    From developers point of view i think there have been pleanty of time with all alphas and betas to prepare updates. There are countless other developers who have been hard at work to make updates to be released in advance or just in time after joomla 3.5 release.
    So the excuse to wait for the stable release is in my opinion just laziness. T3 framework is OVERDUE with some major upgrade to framework. We havent seen any new functionalities in it for ages.

Maybe its time to get to the high gear for joomlart or other frameworks will leave us in the dust very soon.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Splico 123,

Totally agree with you, Joomlart need to step things up and get this done asap!!! It’s the 17th and Joomla 3.5 stable is set to be released today, the only thing holding back my upgrade is Joomlart’s template and framework. You are correct, there have been alphas and betas out for months now and JA should have been working on this already. Waiting months for something so important is foolish on JA’s behalf, just like using a WP forum for Joomla and Magento products.

Let’s hope they listen to our cries and get this done over the next week or two.

Thanks,
    Richard

gringo211985 Friend

Hi there,

Thought I would update this thread and let everyone know I have PHP7 running on Uber and Joomla 3.5.

Here’s a list of my extensions tested:

Mijoshop = Working
    JA ACM = Working (hero, menu, slideshow)
    Uber (latest) = Working
    RS Form Pro (latest) = Working

JA Extensions manager = PHP errors

I’ve gotta say I’m rather impressed by the speed improvement, I can see around a 40% difference from the get go on my test site which has no caching and everything is in development mode. Once I get JCH optimize added to the mix I can see some seriously nice speeds.

Other members should post any problems or templates that working here, that way other members can see if they can upgrade or not.

Thanks,
    Richard

splico123 Friend

I have been testing this whole day yesterday and i have to add SH404SEF extension to the working list. I do however have to say also that T3 framework plugin works but its not fully optimized for PHP 7.

Another extension that throws errors is Ohanah. So wait for the developper to update it.

dohoa Friend

I upgraded my server to php7 and all my sites which use Joomlart’s templates are broken. The ones that use Joomla’s package templates are ok.
    So I have to downgrade back to php5.6.

kryzen Friend

The UX improvements will mostly focus on shortcuts to important repetitive tasks, while a long awaited editor images drag and drop makes it finally into Joomla!.. As goodie you will be able to flip your images and might save you a minute.

aardcom Friend

Is there an update yet? We are upgrading our servers and will be using php7 or do we need to test each template?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

@aardcom
    May i know which template you are using on your site so i can check the template changelog and update you about its compatibility .

aardcom Friend

Uber, Biz, Directory, Ores, Minisite, Hotel, and possibly simpli… as a start.

aardcom Friend

I forgot TelineV, but we have almost given up on this since the cellphone display is not working out well with images. We have removed most images for it to display well and the content is the most important for a news site anyway.

Saguaros Moderator

You can send me the login credentials of your site e.g: URL, Admin and FTP account and the page where the issue can be seen so I will have a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum