Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

First of all, this is my first question in this forums, thanks to everybody for this fantastic site and for your help (im sure or this 😉 )

I’m worked in a new portal ‘CAVA’ with JA University Template, and i used JA Side News to show some articles at the right side of principal information.

I’m sorry, but i cant show this because is in a intrantet.

In local all works ok, but i put my portal in pre-production server. When the users add new information and we try to show this new information in JA Side News, we have the next advice:

Warning: imagegif() [function.imagegif]:
    Unable to open '/server/cava/images/resized/images/centroformacion/articulos/model_edu_esp_200_150.gif'
    for writing: Permission denied in /server/cava/modules/mod_jasidenews/jaimage.php on line 299

We ask for put permision 755 to “/server/cava/images/” but the warning still appears

Now i ask to put 775 in “/server/cava/images/resized/”… i don’t know if is enough; any idea about this?

MoonSailor Friend

From the error report, I think your server did not include gd2 library. It should be enabled (or installed).

For more information on this, you can find out at: http://php.net/manual/en/image.installation.php

jlmartinez Friend

First at all, sorry for not answer until today…

But this thread is move to a forum that i had no permission. And i had a problem with subscription… but now, I’m here.

The problem is here http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-university-warning-unable-to-open-for-writing-permission/

I dont know if you can give me another view of the action that i dont know how works… using two users for two actions…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jlmartinez 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum