Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi
    When you update the template it will override the files, that a normal procedure for all the template.
    For the module position if the name is removed from the templatedetails.xml file, still the position is present on your site.
    I am afraid of this local folder in the template does not work as an override for this file.
    But you can add the blocks file in the local folder and it will not be updated.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Thanks for your feedback.

About blocks files, yes this is what I do from the beginning…that’s nice 😉

But about position name, it means that it is not mandatory to add a new position name into templateDetails.xml file, I can just add it from the module even if it’s not into templateDetails.xml file ?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In Joomla, if you will not add the position name in the TemplateDetails.xml file, its name will not appear in the list of the module manager, But if you know the name of the position you can manually type in the module position name fields and enter it.
    save and publish.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Ok I understand.

And what about the file /template_name/etc/assets.xml ?

I mean, when I need to load a new font, I add a new line into assets.xml file.
    But same problem, during template updates, this file iq sometimes overwritten.

So is it possible to load a new font on a template, whithout lossing these changes during next template update ?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    You can put it the etc folder in the local folder of the template to create an override for it.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

you mean if I copy the file assets.xml from /template_name/etc/assets.xml to /template_name/local/etc/assets.xml it will work about override?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Yes /template_name/local/etc/assets.xml
    This will be override.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Ok perfect.

Also other files are sometimes overwritten.
    Is it possible to override them securely without lossing changes during next template update.

These file are for example :

/template_name/favicon.ico

Orother example :

templates/ja_medicare/html/com_content/article/default.php
    templates/ja_medicare/html/layouts/joomla/content/fulltext_image.php

How to use custom files and avoid loosing changes?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly read this post to know which files are folder you use in local folder.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Ok perfect I think I will be able to check this by myself

Last info, about this file /template_name/favicon.ico, I havent seen nothing.
    do you think something like this can work /template_name/local/favicon.ico ?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    No local folder work only for the files as shared in the blog post.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Ok thanks.

toonetcreation Friend

just a last question about custom.css file.

custom.css file located by default into /template_name/css/ folder is normally not overwritten during template updates.

So is it necessary to copy/move it to /template_name/local/css/ folder ?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Yes, Language override is Hi
    No custom.css will not override on template update. So there is no need to create an override for this file.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

ok thanks you again

have a good day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  toonetcreation 6 years, 4 months ago.

The topic ‘Override templateDetails.xml ?’ is closed to new replies.