Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi

I followed the steps to optimize the website ( https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/faqs#exclude-js ). It mentions EXCLUDE but I did not understand what exactly you exclude and based on what criteria.

For example, if I do NOT use any MASTHEAD feature in the website, I’d rather exclude this code. Is this done automatically with the above settings?

If a user browsing from a desktop, is the mobile specific CSS code exclude?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Exclude is to exclude the js from the compression as mentioned in the documentation.
    It does not belong to masthead. If you want to hide masthead you can use css classes to hide them.
    For example: hidden-lg class to hide large display.

Regards

bobptz Friend

Hi

No, this is not what I asked. Let me rephrase.

I am not using mathead and I do know how to layout my page. I am concerned about the speed of my website. Since I do not use masthead, I am thinking if there is a way to exclude from the css files the code that is responsible for the masthead.

If a user uses desktop, it will render the page faster in his screen if he does not have to download the css for mobiles.

If everybody has to download all code included in the purity package, the page will be slower than it needs to be.

My question is if this is handled automatically from purity to speed up the rendering process.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    No
    If you will use the position in the layouts it will be load on tge page.
    You can open the /tpls folder and remove the block from layout file that u do not want to load.
    Also if you want to show the position in large view and also do not want to load code, you have to customization in layout files.
    I suggest you to hire a developer if you are not familiar with php and js work.
    Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum