Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Given the pressures of releasing 2 templates a month and ultimately buggy templates released, I would prefer to see only one “New Template” released monthly and an update to an existing template based on the feedback of the members.

eg. Release of Antares as the main release and then followed up by an updated or variant of a past template such as Zibal.

This would allow for far better service in terms of testing before releases and quicker responses/fixes to issues on the forums, as well as giving the developers more time for far better code drops.

Just a thought, as the latest template Xenia, whilst absolutely brilliant has a lot of issues to be sorted out before it can be used with existing sites, as a result of I believe being rushed to make the deadline.

Cheers…

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi shirdi,
    It is a nice idea to consider, I will discuss more with our team about your suggession.
    About JA Xenia, we move our office right after the release and lost about 3 days in arranging in new location. However, we have provided some updates and bugs fixes and continue to keep an open eye on all the threads..
    Thanks a lot shirdi

ErikThorsen Friend

No, no, no. I think now one of the biggest advantages Joomlart have over the competition is the release of 2 templates each month. It would of course be far better to hire 1 or 2 more people to work with support and or development. Or even have some sort of moderators here in the forum compensated for the time to help out the community. Either way, I think in my personal opinion that you should continue to release 2 templates each month. That way you continue to have the edge above the competition.

Of course, releasing buggy templates itn’t good but so far most of what has been released has been excellent and I expect and hope for all future releases to also be bugfree and hopefully at least 50% as professional as ja_xenia and most of the other templates.

I have been amazed of the quality of the templates from Joomlart and I will continue visiting their site everyday to read more on how to customize, update, change, modify and use the templates even better.

Thanks for the greatest site out here in cybertemplatespace.;)

Keep on rockin’

shirdi Friend

You would still get 2 templates per month with the approach I have outlined.

Imagine going back to something like Zibal or Zebrina and adding the features of Xenia and members feedback to them.

This would mean that a template in production could be updated with the new features much more easily as the modules positions etc. would not be so heavily impacted.

The other benefit is that templates are kept up to date and don’t become totally outdated 😀 .

Cheers…

Hung Dinh Friend

For the time being, JA will still have 2 releases every month and try to give new version/new theme/style for outstanding templates.
    At the moment, we are working on JA Xenia II with the integration of Vituemart

ErikThorsen Friend

That is what I am talking about. Trying to provide 2 completely new templates each month and then add extras, such as christmas theme, virtuemart integration and so on to “old” templates. Almost tears in my eyes now.. 🙂 Keep up the good work people!!

shirdi Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 6839 wrote:</em><blockquote>For the time being, JA will still have 2 releases every month and try to give new version/new theme/style for outstanding templates.
    At the moment, we are working on JA Xenia II with the integration of Vituemart</blockquote>

Love the enthusiasm, just make sure the code is sound before you release it 🙂

You just went one better yet again, what can I say…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shirdi 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum