Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I have asked support this but didn’t get any helpful replies. Basically I am a complete and utter novice to Joomla. I am creating a site on my own and have installed the regulus template.
    Now I want to add my own logo, change the colours and add banners to the moofix section etc

I need a simple step by step guide on how to do this. I have read the readmes but they are not helpful to me as I do not understand most of the terms ie module suffix???
    I realise that this may sound simple to most but I am finding it difficult. As much help as possible is appreciated.
    Regards

ha le-viet Developer

Hi chileen,

To change the logo, you need to replace the “logo.jpg” file in the ja_regulus/images folder by one picture with the same size.

To replace default background of moofx section, you need to replace these files: “roller-one-bg.jpg”, “roller-two-bg.jpg” etc…

Could you tell me more specific about the colour needed to be changed?

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

chileen Friend

hi
    Thanks. I wanted to change the background colors.I have been playing around a bit and have managed to change some of it but Im still not sure exactly what i should change in the css file to change the colors for the whole page ( ie i have changed the header , sub header and footer, but there is a big chunk in the middle that hasnt changed, dont know how to change it

Thanks

Hieu Nguyen Admin

I think you should edit these two files: container-bg.gif & container-topbg.gif. You can find the PSD in the source file. Please note that Regulus used Faux Column Technique which you can find the full description here http://www.alistapart.com/articles/fauxcolumns/

chileen Friend

Thanks
    What does ‘You can find the PSD in the source file. ‘ mean? What source file?

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi chileen,

You can download the source file (.PSD file) here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/downloads/cat/joomlart_club_templates/ja_regulus/ja_regulus_souce_files.html

The file will contain all the layers which you need to modify to change the Regulus background. You will need Adobe Photoshop to edit this file type.

Regards
    Hieu Nguyen

chileen Friend

Thanks
    Now I have a problem with moofix

#roller-outer .roller-one {
    background: #99CCFF;
    }

#roller-outer .roller-two {
    background: url(../images/roller-one-bg.jpg) repeat-x;
    }

#roller-outer .roller-three {
    background: url(../images/roller-three-bg.jpg) repeat-x;
    }

#roller-outer .roller-four {
    background: url(../images/roller-four-bg.jpg) repeat-x;
    }

#roller-outer .roller-five {
    background: url(../images/roller-five-bg.jpg) repeat-x;
    }

but it doesnt animate

from config js

var autoroll = true; // set to false if you don’t want it
    var delayroll = 40000; // delay length, in miliseconds
    var rollspeed = 1000; // animation duration, in miliseconds

THe moofx is just stuck on one pic
    any ideas?

ha le-viet Developer

Hi chileen,

Could you give me (or PM) the URL link to your site. I’m now absolutely having no ideas with your provided information.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi chileen,

As me see, you site didn’t show any module from user5->user9 and newsflash in any menu item, hence the moofx roller will not be load. Please go to Administration Panel and publish some of them, then see the changes.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

chileen Friend

Thanks
    This what confuses me. I have a banner module that I have set to use user5.When I create a module using user6 I can see the moofx. What I am confused about is which one to use?
    I thought that the moofx would use the images specified in templae_css ie rollover_one, rollover_two etc
    Can you explain how it works and whether I need to use Banners module with user5?
    Thanks again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chileen 17 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum