Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, is it possible to have no article on the frontend, so that the com_contend is off?
    Thank you
    Markus

swissa Friend

Very easy to do.

Go to the template you are using in Template Manger, Save as copy, and then go to Layout tab and remove the com_content element i.e. ‘features-intro’ in both module positions and responsive layout, then assign this template to the menü item you want and save it all.

That’s it!

markkusr2d2 Friend

Hello, thanks for the answer, but this is for the “normal” module positions i guess, but i want to remove the “Auto message” and “Auto component” in the corporate layout (position: sidebar-1) and these two has no setting/buttons for to turn off.
    Markus

swissa Friend

I don’t know your level of skill but there are a number of ways to achieve this. Clone the theme and then css it out, or clone the layout and then edit the core code.

So here is the latter.

Please do a backup first, don’t do this on a live site and good luck! 😉

Go into template manager and click on the layout tab. Select the corporate and clone it – i,e, save as a copy. Call it something like fp-corporate. Save and save it top left too.

Now go to (using ftp) templates/purity_iii/tpls and open fp-corporate.php. You will see this code…

<?php/**
    *------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * @package T3 Framework for Joomla!
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2004-2013 JoomlArt.com. All Rights Reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    * @authors JoomlArt, JoomlaBamboo, (contribute to this project at github
    * & Google group to become co-author)
    * @google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/t3fw
    * @link: http://t3-framework.org
    */
    defined('_JEXEC') or die;
    ?>
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="<?php echo $this->language; ?>" dir="<?php echo $this->direction; ?>"
    class='<jdoc:include type="pageclass" />'>
    <head>
    <jdoc:include type="head" />
    <?php $this->loadBlock('head') ?>
    <?php $this->addCss('layouts/corporate') ?>
    </head>
    <body>
    <div class="t3-wrapper corporate"> <!-- Need this wrapper for off-canvas menu. Remove if you don't use of-canvas -->
    <?php $this->loadBlock('header') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('slideshow') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-1') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-2') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-3') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('footer') ?>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Delete the line
    <?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody') ?>
    and save it back to the site.

Refresh the view in template manager and the message and component should be gone. Now just assign it to your home page.

That should work.

markkusr2d2 Friend

Hi, this is cool, it has worked.
    Thanks a lot
    Markus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  markkusr2d2 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum