Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi:

I saw there have been various issues fixed in the Joomla 2.5 branch, any RC or any ETA for next update?

TIA

🙂

Blaine Friend

We are waiting ourselves.
    The DEV’s are so busy getting templates up to speed with J!2.5 that this may be a while.
    We will update soon as is available and thanks for your patience!

latino07 Friend

Hi:

I have so say how dissapointed I am with Joomla Art. I have other Joomla templates memberships and they have not only upgraded most of the templates and extensions to Joomla 2.5, but added new ones to J2.5.

I guess that when you try to reach many public’s (Magento, Drupal) with limited resources things like this happen. In the mean time your customers have their sites ‘frozen or dead’ regarding the functionality why we purchase the extension.

It is amazing how slow JA is to update their extensions.

Very bad…

>:(

TomC Moderator

<em>@latino07 306445 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi:

I have so say how dissapointed I am with Joomla Art . . .

</blockquote>
    May I ask what elements of your site is not functioning as they should?

Blaine Friend

I think he just wants the newest JA Voice Tom

TomC Moderator

<em>@Blaine 311529 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think he just wants the newest JA Voice Tom</blockquote>
    Which is not available yet. Therefore, I asked which elements of the JA Voice version he is using are not functioning properly so that we can try to assist him (if needed).

websaja Friend

<em>@TomC 311532 wrote:</em><blockquote>Which is not available yet. Therefore, I asked which elements of the JA Voice version he is using are not functioning properly so that we can try to assist him (if needed).</blockquote>

Tom you’re not focussing here. This is the same issue I have with JA Jobboard. We have JA Voice and JA Jobboard both running on Joomla 1.5 WHICH IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE. So, its a risk for us to continue running these sites, hence we want to know why there is no timeline from Joomlart. Planning should have started a long time ago by Joomlart so that you don’t find your YOUR customer FORCED to run YOUR products on unsupported platforms.

Tom you have the same arrogance in the JA Jobboard forum when someone is asking about the slow updates to components by Joomlart.

TomC Moderator

<em>@websaja 315171 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Tom you have the same arrogance in the JA Jobboard forum when someone is asking about the slow updates to components by Joomlart.</blockquote>
    All I did was ask a simple question.

Appreciate the considerate feedback though. 😎

latino07 Friend

<em>@TomC 306451 wrote:</em><blockquote>May I ask what elements of your site is not functioning as they should?</blockquote>

Ok, I un-installed some time time ago. I could lurk into apache logs and make an inventory or list of errors. However, attitude here is completely wrong. I have been using CMS since 2003 and a rule is to keep apps updated. It have been amazing for me that JA extensions are not updated as required. Not at par with Joomla development. Sorry, but I will not risk stability of main sites using outdated extensions.

Right now, I am subscriber of extensions and templates. Main site moved back to another template provider, JA Voice uninstalled.

But worse is the attitude of some moderators which I find a bit intimidating. What is broke? When most developers update their extensions to comply with changes in Joomla.

In my case it is very probable I will not renew any of the memberships here for those two reasons. As customer I require from developers reasonable updates to extensions that I use. Updates within a reasonable time. JA have fail to meet my expectations. To those moderators I will not loose my time with you. I don’t have to justify WHY I want JA Voice update for J 2.5. It is a standard and logical expectation.

Later >:(

websaja Friend

Latino7,

Exactly. Agree with you 100%. We are not renewing JA Jobboard netiher JA Voice>:(

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@websaja 315171 wrote:</em><blockquote>We have JA Voice and JA Jobboard both running on Joomla 1.5 WHICH IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE. </blockquote>

With all due respect, Websaja, Joomlart will ALWAYS support its products.
    Every single product – all the way back to our very first template in 2006 – we stand behind and support for our member clients.
    The very fact that you are on this forum asking us questions and we are answering is a real time indication of such.

Actually, though, you aren’t asking questions. Rather making statements…inaccurate statements.
    Joomla 1.5 Support and Security Patches and Upgrades are running through September 2012…at the least.
    (The memo you may have missed)

So to say that Joomla 1.5 is unsupported by us, or Joomla.org at large is just inaccurate.

I’m sorry you have taken over someone elses thread to complain that your timeline for updates not matching our own.
    Know, however, that our Devs are working feverishly on both of these products, and updates, GREAT updates are coming. And until then what you have working will be supported.

Now if you have a specific issue with your current instance of Voice or JobBoard we would be glad to help.
    But to say it’s broken because it is not yet sitting on Joomla 2.5 is folly.

As an indication of my sincere dedication to these products, and appreciation of you as a client, please provide me personally a URL of your JA Voice and JA JobBoard and a description of what is not working, and I will PERSONALLY see to it that they are taken care of immediately.

Have fun!
    John.

websaja Friend

Thanks jwbrett

“No formal announcement has been made by the PLT, but support for 1.5 will be continued past April 2012 – probably at least until September 2012.””

Quoted from your link reference:confused: its not a formal announcement. Perhaps I missed the updated memo then:((

Note. I was of the first to use JA Voice and Jobboard. So yes, I’ve been patient and knew when to speak even during those buggy times. We use these two products in-house in our company. We need to move our site to J17. I’m getting pressusre on this from company management. The only thing holding us back is Jobboard. Its beginning to sound stupid to continually tell them that the developer is still working on a new version. in fact, whats actually bad is that the developer is giving no indication of a timeline, now THAT dear jwbrett is the actual issue. The unkown status on the release schedule

I’m sorry if you perceive that customers should be satisfied with running critical business software right UP TO THE POINT of NO SUPPORT. Planning is critical. We’d really hate to start making plans on moving Jobboard WHEN Joomla is not supported. Our platform is huge

Let me say this slowly then. ALL i was asking for was a timeline, just roughly, just an indication…..was that too much to ask.:confused:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  websaja 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum