Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

What do i need to do in order to get my articles to display the same are the ones in the JA University Demo

http://www.grps.org/

http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_university

When my articles are clicked they show lower down on the page and users don’t know they are there. On the demo they appear as a single article once clicked. This is what I have been trying to accomplish but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. Please help…

pavit Moderator

Hi there

You can take a look at THIS TOPIC

Regards

mickenss Friend

How do I set the category I’m using to a menu item?

I can give you login credentials if you can help.

pavit Moderator

I can give you login credentials if you can help.

Yes send login details as super user answering as private reply

mickenss Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pavit Moderator

Hi

I created a new menu as type hidden and added to it a category blog menu item with news and events category assigned to it

Now articles are opening in the correct way

Regards

mickenss Friend

Works great.. Just a few small questions..

What is the name of that new menu type that you hid, and where is it located? So I may find it and duplicate it on other areas of the site I’m running several different feeds getting the same problem as before. Also the css is showing up as black on the menu items once the articles are clicked instead of the blue color. What must I do to change that? Other than that It is working exactly as I need it. You have been a great help as this issue has been a thorn in my side for a while.

pavit Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    mickenss Friend

Figured it all out. Thanks again!

mickenss Friend

On last question.. My search is doing the same thing. When you search on my site the search results appear at the bottom of the page. Do you have a quick truck for that. I didn’t start a new ticket because you’ve been the best help I’ve ever encountered. I appreciate the stellar support! The Module’s name is Search

pavit Moderator

Hi there

Concept is the same for the news and events menu item , you should assign a menu item to the search module where results will be showed , so i created a new menu item as search results type into hidden menu then in the specific feature from search module i instructed module where to show results adding menu item recently created.

Regards

1. Screenshot-at-ago-19-08-10-21
    2. Screenshot-at-ago-19-08-10-53
    mickenss Friend

Pavit,

Sorry to be a Bug but I must be missing a step somewhere on displaying articles as you previously showed me.

I have several sections http://www.grps.org/innovationcentral

Menu Name: Innovation Central
    Category Type: Blog with 1 leading article and one columns
    IC News & Events is the category being used to feed the menu type.

What am I doing wrong as I will be using this kind of setup in other places on our site. The login credentials are the same. Thanks again.

pavit Moderator

Hi there

In Joomla each article ( com_content) to be rendered on a new page should be linked to a menu item , otherwise for default it assign the default layout ( home ) , so you will need to create new menu items in hidden menu and link them to your categories.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum