Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

It would be nice to have templates for specific markets where the use of modules would be carefully thought out.

ie

Dating
    Online Store
    Fishing
    …………..

this could be a new offer in the club with a special price to cover graphist cost.

instead of releasing one generic template every month, you could have a second thematic template

there could be a poll to ask what users want in the thematic template.

from there , the graphist would get some inputs in terms of number of spaces needed, : ad space, number of columns….

it would bring more interactivity for the thematic template. and end up closer to the members needs

swemmel Friend

I like it more the way it is now. You can make every “general” template suitable for a certain thema by insert thema-specific graphics and/or modules.

But it is a matter of taste. :p

growerspro Friend

well not sure

having a second monthly template being more thematic, it would allow to have a choice of colors adapted and areas to the theme.

(you would still have every month your generic/ thematic template if you have the time to redo everything because background or colors are not what you need)

ie if the theme for the month is an online store template, you would not put dark backgrounds like for a blog. having users trying to buy something on a black background is very tiring .

to me the reason I joined the template club was not to have to spend a week adapting every block and background to fit my need.

or i would start from scratch every time and would not need to be part of a club.

thus having a poll then a thematic template on top of the generic template would help some people. i am more a developer than a graphist and need some templates with a minimum of modifications.

z0z0 Friend

I think that having a number of variations pre-configured would be a very good idea.

The developers of the templates could do in one hour what it would take me a day or two to do – changing configurations.

Note: I acknowledge that the Joomlart Team is doing a wonderful job with the themes. I am just putting forth some ideas tht would make it just a little bit better.

This issue is also similar to
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/make-the-template-appear-the-same-as-it-does-in-the-demo/

lafrance Friend

However maybe a tiny bit more information of what module is supported with the theme and best placement of the module may be a good way to go.

Only my opinion…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lafrance 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum