Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I love Joomla…. Thanks for the support.

MY WEBSITE IS http://www.trueminecraft.com/ SEEMS TO BE A NEW PROBLEM.

Please help if you can, I don’t know much about Joomla but have learned many new things over the past year. I have a problem with the page not loading sometimes and giving me this random error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /home/lawman/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(305) : eval()’d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘{‘ or ‘$’ in /home/lawman/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(335) : eval()’d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /home/lawman/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(305) : eval()’d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘{‘ or ‘$’ in /home/lawman/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(335) : eval()’d code on line 1

Please help soon if you have any ideas as I’m launching a fundraiser for the site and our novel/community

chavan Friend

your ftp details did not get connected.

Also check your php configuration supports
    SimpleXML[/h]

lawman Friend

Just sent you a PM with the info needed, I don’t know how to go about checking my php configuration supports
    SimpleXML

chavan Friend

Thanks I’m checking it. it would take some time Please wait.

chavan Friend

I checked with your php configuration it is Good.

Hope it is a security issue. Please contact your hosting Company regarding this issue. I hope they could fix this.

Please post what your hosting company says regarding this eval() error.

lawman Friend

Thanks for the help I will check with them now, then let you know.

chavan Friend

sure, Will wait for your reply 🙂

lawman Friend

1.5.21 IS THE VERSION WE USE DO YOU THINK WE CAN UPGRADE WITHOUT A PROBLEM? IF SO CAN YOU HELP?

Below is what the hosting Company said:
    Hello,

I’m not seeing anything that points to a security issue with your site, I do however see the error in the logs on the server:

error_log:[10-Oct-2011 04:08:38] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘{‘ or ‘$’ in /home/lawman/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(335) : eval()’d code on line 1
    error_log:[10-Oct-2011 04:08:38] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /home/lawman/public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php(305) : eval()’d code on line 1

This may be a bug in older versions of Joomla, it seems that you are running a slightly outdated version.

You are using 1.5.21, the newest compatible version is 1.5.23. In addition the current version is 1.7.1, however the 1.5 branch is not directly compatible and would require extensive work to upgrade.

I suggest upgrading to 1.5.23 to see if it resolves your issue. There are a few mentions of other people getting errors such as yours, however a solution is not readily available.

chavan Friend

I searched some forums and they said the hosting company rectified this joomla Issue

lawman Friend

Do you know how they did it? Can you send me the link to forums you looked at? Do you think we can update to try 1.5.23 maybe thats the simple fix?

Thanks for all the help.

lawman Friend

Ok so here is how they fixed it and so far so good…

Hello Lawman,

The PHP version on the server is 5.2.17 and SimpleXML is enabled. I created a PHP info page at http://www.trueminecraft.com/administrator/info.php which lists the PHP configuration on the server. Do you know when this issue began? The server shows that simplexml.php was modified today at 1:50 AM CDT.

[root@gator1251 /home/lawman/public_html]# ll libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php
    -rw-r–r– 1 lawman lawman 15589 Oct 10 01:50 libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php

As a test, I downloaded the Joomla 1.5.21 full install file to check for differences between the server’s copy and the official copy from the install file. As a test, I backed up simplexml.php to simplexml.php.bak and then overwrote the existing version with the version from Joomla’s install. I no longer receive an error message on your main page and the server is not logging errors any more. Please let us know if you still see the errors on your site.

chavan Friend

I too tried it, but that did not work for me. I donno how it did work for you!!!!!!!!!!

lawman Friend

Ok it seems as if TWITTER was causing the problem so I just removed the component for now and things seem to be working great. It seemed like it started randomly but in fact it was that I think I did not catch it when it happened the first few times. Then I thought it was fixed but, I did not truly fix it till I removed the Twitter moduel. Thanks for the support and have a great day 😉

chavan Friend

Which twitter Modules you Installed, Please provide the Url.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum