Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

When it comes to coding, and tweaking template files- I am a novice, and leery of messing with the template files. But, I am always looking to learn more and expand my skills. I just want to make sure I understand things correctly and am on the right path.

Here’s the background:

I have a site on the back burner with Purity III’s quick start package on it. I wanted to explore Purity III as it has various layouts i.e.) magazine, corporate, features intro, etc., which are needed for the concept behind the site I want to create. In the meantime, I added the Appolio template to this site and made Appolio the default theme. The Appolio menu grabbed the already installed (Purity III) content including some layouts- and I liked what I saw.

Last night, I vaguely remembered reading a post on JA about adding styles from one template to another template; After completing a search, all I could find was a tutorial on the JA blog about Extending your Joomla com_content. I don’t believe this is the original post I read, but this tutorial seems to apply to my situation.

So my questions are:

1. If I follow the directions in the tutorial- copy the layout files from Purity III (magazine, features intro, glossary, etc.) and add them to the Appolio template files- will this will give the Appolio template the layout pages I need to move forward with the project?

2. Will any Purity III module positions be included with the copied layouts? Or, will I need to create them separately in Appolio?

Thanks,

Vineyardseashell

ꦯꦸꦕꦶ ꦏꦸꦂꦤꦶꦲꦮꦤ꧀ Friend

1. If I follow the directions in the tutorial- copy the layout files from Purity III (magazine, features intro, glossary, etc.) and add them to the Appolio template files- will this will give the Appolio template the layout pages I need to move forward with the project?

You surely will

2. Will any Purity III module positions be included with the copied layouts? Or, will I need to create them separately in Appolio?

If it has different name than appolio’s, then you need to define it in templateDetails.xml
    for example :
    Purity III has features-intro-1 position, while Appolio doesn’t. In this case you need to put it into Appolio’s templateDetails.xml

<position>features-intro-1</position>

vineyardseashell Friend

Thank you nawainruk, you made my day! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vineyardseashell 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum