Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to implement MultiThumb Mambot on larix template but the option lightbox don’t work please can someone help me ?

thank you

bluecafe Friend

Where do you want to use it? In virtuemart? There you would need a lightbox hack …

pavit Moderator

No i want use in jpg of the frontpage not in virtuemart

bluecafe Friend

Have you published the mambot? Have you checked the paramters? If lightbox doesn’t work try slimbox .. same effect.

pavit Moderator

i have tried all ,the Mambot works fine ,only when i choose lightbox the image appear in a new page of IE without the effect.

i have seen here http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/#support maybe a conflict ?

bluecafe Friend

could well be a conflict. I have heard that for example lightbox and mootools don’t go well with each other.

pavit Moderator

ok you mean that it’s impossible to have lightbox on this template ?

i don’t think so.

new solutions are welcome

anyway thanks

swemmel Friend

pavit;28471ok you mean that it’s impossible to have lightbox on this template ?

i don’t think so.

new solutions are welcome

anyway thanks

Probably there are 2 versions of mootools loaded in your template with the lightbox of MultiThumb and the Template. You have to make sure that only one time mootools is loaded than it maybe work.

This post is for those who are experiencing javascript issues (errors or conflicts) when using the latest “Frontpage Slideshow” module (v1.6) on Joomla! templates that heavily rely on Mootools (mainly the RocketTheme templates).

So, if you already have such a template and furthermore, if you have installed some other Joomla! or Mambo extension that uses Mootools as well, you can get javascript errors or conflicts. But wait! This is actually normal and it all depends on how Mootools works. You see, calling the Mootools library multiple times (not to mention calling different version of the Mootools library on the same template!) causes it to crash in many situations.

So what do we do? The best solution is to call the full Mootools library on your template’s <head>…</head> tags and comment it out/delete it from your extensions and your template.

That way you will only include the Mootools library once (=less weight for your webpage too) and all your Mootools-based extensions AND your template’s “tools” or functionality will operate properly.

So download the attached full Mootools library right below, unzip it, create a folder called “js” inside your current template and transfer in there the extracted mootools.v1.11.js file. After that, add this code between the <head>…</head> tags in your template:

Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/mootools.v1.11.js"></script>

Don’t forget to delete any other Mootools references inside your template or your extensions.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swemmel 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum