Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello, I have an odd behavior using JA Regulus Extra: In Firefox everything loads quickly and well. The page usually takes less than a second to load up. However, if I try loading the same site in IE6 or 7, it’s VERY slow, sometimes a couple of minutes.

I get the loading symbol on the roller, and the menu won’t work until the roller load is completed. Looking at a sniff of the traffic, it looks like it talks to the website, requests the grad-green.gif, which wasn’t modified, then waits for 15 seconds, at which point things time out. After all the connections close, it retries in another 23 seconds. The page completes loading in 48 seconds. This is compared to around 1.5 seconds in Firefox.

I just downloaded the newest version of the template, but no changes to the behavior. I’ve tested this on multiple machines at multiple locations, and the behavior is always the same.

Here’s the site: http://www.opendoorways.org

So I have two questions: can anyone help me find the problem with the slow load? And is there any way to make the menu active prior to the roller load?

Thanks in advance.

-Richard

arpboy Friend

Quick update; this is on multiple machines, so it’s not limited to a specific viewer….

arpboy Friend

Can anyone *at all* help me? I’m not a template programmer; The problem is very consistent. I’m getting complaints from my customer, and from their customers.

It seems that support has evaporated for most of the templates on this site, so I’d appreciate it if anyone had any ideas….

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi arpboy,

Open file ja_transmenu/ja-transmenu.php inside the template folder, and search following code (arround line 70)

if (window.attachEvent) {
    window.attachEvent("onload", init1);
    }else{
    TransMenu.initialize();
    }

and replace by

TransMenu.initialize();

Please make a try and let me know if it could help.

arpboy Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 30901 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi arpboy,

Open file ja_transmenu/ja-transmenu.php inside the template folder, and search following code (arround line 70)

if (window.attachEvent) {
    window.attachEvent("onload", init1);
    }else{
    TransMenu.initialize();
    }

and replace by

TransMenu.initialize();

Please make a try and let me know if it could help.</blockquote>
    Thanks for your help!

I entered the code you suggested. I had an improvement, but not a fix.

Before, the menu wouldn’t work until the slide show loaded which could be minutes – or never.

Now the menu works, but the slide show (Moofx roller) is still VERY slow to load. You can see the results at http://www.opendoorways.org

What else can we do?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  arpboy 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum