Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I cannot find that code in my /Test/t3-assets/dev/themeintitaxi/templates.purity_iii.less.style.less.css

phong nam Friend

@fintan: That is the path of .less file when you turn on the Development Mode. The exact location of style.less can be found at templates/purity_iii/less/ path. Please check it out.

fintan Friend

Thank you Leo, but it was in the /t3-assets/dev/themeintitaxi/templates.purity_iii.less.style.less.css after all.

Ok, I changed the code to:
    <blockquote> @media screen and (max-width: 980px) {
    .logo-img { width: 85% !important; }
    .logo-image { width: 289px; height: 86px; position: absolute; border: none !important; left: 0 !important;}
    #t3-mainnav .off-canvas-toggle { right: 17%; }
    .t3-mainnav > .container { height: 85px;}

#t3-mainnav .navbar-nav a{
    background: #203272
    }

#t3-mainnav .navbar-nav a:hover{
    background: #AAB7E7
    }</blockquote>

But that does some wierd stuff.

I have published the site to its final resting place: taxiinterlaken.ch

and made it bilingual putting the language switcher into “header-search” position.

I have two different templates. One for Home, INTITAXI, Prices and Excusions and one for AareTaxi.

When I place that code into the /t3-assets/dev/themeintitaxi/templates.purity_iii.less.style.less.css it puts my language switcher underneath the logo ans breaks up my page (Cannot see the page title anymore). When I remove it it goes back to normal.

Going onto my smartphone the language switcher moves around between templates (INTITAXI/Aaretaxi) as well.

So, here are my questions:
    – Do I need the language switcher on the smartphone as I have set the language plugin to switch to browser language Browser settings).
    – Can I have the phone icon (off-canvas) right next to the menu icon?

Thanks again for all fo your help 🙂

phong nam Friend

@fintan: I missed to note that the css rules you see on Firebug are just the compiled less css properties which differs from the rules in .less file.

<blockquote>But that does some wierd stuff.</blockquote>

That is why we always suggest to add override css rule into the custom.css file at templates/purity_iii/css/ path rather than editing directly on .less file. Otherwise the template can get mess after compiling the incorrect less codes.

You can roll back the style.less file and put the override css styles of @chavan into the custom.css file as mentioned above.

For your 2 new questions:

<blockquote>Do I need the language switcher on the smartphone as I have set the language plugin to switch to browser language Browser settings)</blockquote>

It is up to you. The setting inside System – Language Filter plugin will NOT depend on whether or not you display the language switcher module on mobile view.

<blockquote>Can I have the phone icon (off-canvas) right next to the menu icon?</blockquote>

You can put the class of icon into the Icon option of each menu item inside Mega Menu (see screenshort below). You can move the phone icon following that option.

1. icon
    fintan Friend

Thanks Leo.
    Ok, the custiom.css works 🙂

I added:

hidden-xs hidden-sm

I also tried:

.hidden-xs .hidden-sm .hidden-md

to the language switcher module suffix but that does nothing expect to change my flag layout to a list on the site and on the smartphone it is still visible.

You completely lost me with the placement of the icon on smartphone screens. The Phone icon (off-canvas icon) is not a menu.

fintan Friend

On a testsite:
    http://www.taxiinterlaken.ch/Test

I upgraded to the stable version.
    Now a lot of the css’s seem different and some of the above answers are not working in the same way:

@media screen and (max-width: 980px) {
    .logo-img { width: 85% !important; }
    .logo-image { width: 289px; height: 86px; position: absolute; border: none !important; left: 0 !important;}
    #t3-mainnav .off-canvas-toggle { right: 17%; }
    .t3-mainnav > .container { height: 85px;}

#t3-mainnav .navbar-nav a{
    background: #203272
    }

#t3-mainnav .navbar-nav a:hover{
    background: #AAB7E7
    }

Where do I put this?

This:

<button class="visible-xs visible-sm btn btn-default off-canvas-toggle <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>" type="button" data-pos="left" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_effect', 'off-canvas-effect-4') ?>">
    <i class="fa fa-phone-square"></i>
    </button>

Does not work anymore.

My settings for hidding menu items (hidden-desktop, visible-desktop) don’t work anymore on mobile either.

Hiding modules on mobile (visible-desktop) doesn’t work at all.

And how can I set the position of the off-canvas icon on mobile (it is hidden on desktop).

chavan Friend

Try add all the css we spoke so far in new file custom css, to create a custom.css look at this documentation http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#custom-css

fintan Friend

Thank you Chavan, please bear in mind that I am not a progammer.

After much fooling around changing this in off-canvas.php:

<button class="visible-xs visible-sm btn btn-default off-canvas-toggle <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>" type="button" data-pos="left" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_effect', 'off-canvas-effect-4') ?>">
    </button>

To this:

<button class="hidden-lg btn btn-default off-canvas-toggle <?php $this->_c('off-canvas') ?>" type="button" data-pos="left" data-nav="#t3-off-canvas" data-effect="<?php echo $this->getParam('addon_offcanvas_effect', 'off-canvas-effect-4') ?>">
    </button>

worked.

But much more importantly, why does hiding/showing menu items and modules not work?
    Neither visible-desktop/hidden-desktop nor .visible-desktop/.hidden-desktop for menu items work.
    What can I do to make them work?? Hidding menu items for mobile/desktop works fine in the developement version.
    Hidding modules does not.

This is really important as I have two different types of modules and content which I want to show for desktop and mobile respectivly, plus I want to make the language switcher dissapear completely on mobile.

fintan Friend

Ok. I tired this:
    I installed virgin version of stable on a testsite:
    http://www.taxiinterlaken.ch/Test2/

I mada a copy of the menu item “magazine layout” it is now called “magazine layout (2)”

This I hid on desktop in template manger->megamenu with “hidden-desktop”
    This worked for the desktop, but not for mobile.

I also hid the masthead module on desktop with “hidden-lg”.

This worked for desktop and for mobile.

On my other testsite none of the above works:
    http://www.taxiinterlaken.ch/Test/

On my mainsite purity developer preview version 1.0.0:
    http://www.taxiinterlaken.ch/

Hidding menu items for mobile works, hidding modules does not.

so something is bothering this feature on my testsite completely and partially on my virgin version.

Any ideas please?

chavan Friend

it will work actually. let me check on that and get back to you.

fintan Friend

That would be great. Thanks 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fintan 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum