Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I changed the module name “Happy Clients” to ‘About Us’

Once I changed the module name the subtitle changed to TPL_SUBTITLE_ABOUT_US

I have read the Template User Guide http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-one-page-template-userguide/

However, it does not explain the process to take once a module title is changed.

site is http://www.cascinoservices.com

Thanks

panyuyuyu Friend

The same issue applies to other modules. The problem is that, when you change the text of the title, the CSS ID of that title is changed too. However, the ID is hard coded in a function that changes the subtitle dynamically. That is very stupid.
    The function shall pull the respective ID from the database. Hard coding the ID’s into the function makes customization impossible.
    The current modules has no way to change the subtitles. The subtitles are also hard coded into the scripts.
    Again, changing the title changes the ID’s. Navigation scripts also got the original ID’s hard coded. Different ID’s break the navigation. Clicking on the menu no longer brings you to the section.
    OnePage is one epic fail.

Stork11 Friend

Hello,

If you change your module name, you must add a language text into your language file. In this case, you must add and translate “TPL_SUBTITLE_ABOUT_US” text in your language file.

Regards.

jimmiehendriks Friend

Same problem here.

I also changed a title and get a: TPL_SUBTITLE_LAAT_IETS_VAN_JE_HOREN

And I have dutch language installed . Adding this subtitle to the en-GB.tpl_ja_onepage.ini or a new file nl-NL.tpl_ja_onepage.ini (it does not exist in the dutch files) is not the solution.

Anyone? Regards, John

Stork11 Friend

Hello John,

You need to change the “About Us” text in TPL_SUBTITLE_ABOUT_US=”About Us” line in “nl-NL.tpl_ja_onepage.ini” file. Do not translate “ABOUT_US” in TPL_SUBTITLE_ABOUT_US

Regards.

jimmiehendriks Friend

Hello Stork11,

You send me the right way. I made completely new titels. Then there is automatically a new TPL_SUBTITLE… , so I add a new nl-NL.tpl_ja_onepage.ini in the Dutch Language root and added for example: TPL_SUBTITLE_GEWELDIG_TEAM = “Super team”

Thank you.

richardpearce Friend

This seems to be a strange way to make these changes. In any case, is there any reason why you can’t just use the Joomla language overrides function in Administrator? It’s a faster process and avoids the hassle of downloading/uploading files.

1. Change the Module title
    2. Copy the string from the frontend (e.g. TPL_SUBTITLE_ABOUT_US)
    3. In Administrator, go to Extensions > Language Manager > Overrides
    4. Click New
    5. In the Language Constant field, paste the string from step 2
    6. In the text box field, enter the desired text (e.g. About Us)
    7. Save & Close

The data is saved in a new file at /language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini. The value can also be edited from the same place in Administrator.

radstu Friend

The Language Manager (never been in there in dozens and dozens of sites) does work for this. The same solution came up over on this similar thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/language-constant-displayed/#post-479700

Using this approach is marginally cleaner and vaguely client friendly vs .ini files and FTP.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  radstu 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum