Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am upgrading a site from an older version of the t3 framework using the t3_blank template to a newer version using the t3_bs3_blank template and I’ve come across a problem which I’ve now been able to replicate on my test site as well.

I have a mega menu with the collapse for small screens enabled (though I have the same issue when I use the off-canvas version as well). I have added a drop down item in that menu, then I’ve added a column to the right and put a module in it.

As expected, this works fine on a full screen. Once the display collapses, however, the module goes away.

I’ve tried this with a ROW as well as a COLUMN but neither one works. The whole section in the code changes when the collapse happens. One of these two will be enabled depending on if we are collapsed or not:

<div class="t3-navbar-collapse navbar-collapse collapse"> (when on small screen)
    <div class="t3-navbar navbar-collapse collapse"> (when on large screen)

The second one has all the code that shows the module that looks like this:

<div class=col-cs-12 mega-col-module date-width="12" data-position="132">…

That line is completely absent from the collapsed version so there is no module shown.

I have a test site here: http://t3v3.technicalrs.net and you can see the issue under the Contact menu item where there is a submenu called "comething worthless" and in the full screen version, you can see the "Test Custom Module" in both a column and a row of the dropdown.

Configured the same way on t3_blank, this worked fine, but doesn’t on t3_bs3_blank.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, as I have several modules that I need to have show up on the mobile versions of site menus for a few sites that are getting ready to go live.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Scott Lavelle Friend

By the way, I have also checked that the switch to turn off the Column in that mega menu is not selected. If I enable that switch on other columns they turn on and off at collapse as expected, but the module column does not follow the setting.

Scott Lavelle Friend

Ok – so I found a way around this issue, but I’m not sure it is really the best way.

In the file /plugins/system/t3/base-bs3/js/nav-collapse.js

There is a line that is specifically there to find and remove any div selectors, which of course removes any modules that might be in there. Here’s that line as commented out by me:

// remove all child div – TRS Removed to allow modules to appear in drop downs on responsive collapse
    // $li.find(‘>div’).remove();

Once I got rid of that, my module is there and I just had to do some styling.

But I have to believe there is a greater reason why this piece of code is there other than to remove the divs, especially when there is a switch in the GUI to decide whether or not to hide a particular column. Further to this, that switch still does nothing when I’ve have selected the column with the module in it.

Also, because this is not an override, it will be removed when/if the t3 Framework is updated and I’ll have to remember to go put it back.

I have left the test site "broken". I have corrected as above for the site that needs to go live. Sure would like to know why this is this way and if there is a better "fix" for it.

Saguaros Moderator

HiĀ  Scott,

I check your site but the module is showing in sub-menu when hovering now. If the problem still persists, share me the credentials of your site to see how the configuration is and try to duplicate in default T3 Blank template.

Regards

Scott Lavelle Friend

This is not an "on hover" issue. This is a "at responsive collapse" problem.

I tried to be as descriptive as possible in describing the issue. Please review my original post for the details as to when there is an issue. The summary is that it happens when the site goes "mobile" and the menu collapses. It is THEN that the modules in the mega menu vanish.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Scott,

In the mobile view, it will load all menu items of the main menu on your site. It will not show the module you set via Megamenu Configuration.

Scott Lavelle Friend

Saguaros,
    At the risk of sounding rude, that is painfully obvious and exactly the reason I even started this thread.

In short, this is not how the T3 Framework used to work. The client for whom I am upgrading a site right now has a site I built for him on Joomla 3 with the t3_blank (instead of t3_bs3_blank) template. The modules appear in the menus on full and mobile sizes with no changes to any code in the system.

Why did this change from how it used to be? Can there be a feature request to put it back?
    Obviously, there was code added to intentionally remove it. I feel like there must be a reason for this to be the case.

Why is there an option to hide a column or not in collapsed screen right in the mega menu config in the UI if it doesn’t even exist as a feature?

Finally, is the way that I have resolved this by modifying that javascript the only way to fix it? It’s going to get mowed down when I upgrade the framework because I can’t override that file to my knowledge.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Scott,

It’s weird, may I know where I can see the megamenu show in mobile view like that? pls share me the link. Because atm, in mobile layout it will load all items from main menu only.

Regards

Scott Lavelle Friend

Right now the old one is at dyplast.com with the module showing in mobile mega menu

Not super obvious because the modules are actually other menus (like would be in sidebar) but they can be seen and it’s exactly what as needed.

Thatt site may get replaces with the new one that is working today, so what you are lookin g for are menus with yellow gradient backgrounds. Those are the old ones.

Scott Lavelle Friend

Since there are additional changes to be made to this before the new site goes live, the link to this site is going to be active for probably another week. Sure would be good to know what you think about the fact that it was working on this older version of the framework, but not the new one.

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Scott Lavelle Friend

Works here. It forwards to dyplastproducts.com

Please try again or use the forwarded version of it.

Saguaros Moderator

I can login that forwarded site. And you’re right, it’s using T3 Blank template which doesn’t use off-canvas position block like new T3 BS3 Blank template. You can use T3 Blank template on your current site.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum