Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi, what about module class suffix?

Phill Moderator

What suffix? What template? It is hard to understand you question without much information.

belial Friend

Hi Phill, this modulde – JA Facebook – dont have module class suffix option. I think the module should have that option.

Phill Moderator

The styling should come from the template is is used in.

belial Friend

no option for module class suffix = no style for module.

Phill Moderator

I now see what you mean. Please be a little more detailed when making posts as it was quite hard to understand where you were coming from. I shall pass on your suggestion.

belial Friend

Ok Phill, thank you!

David Porré Friend

Hi there,
    I would also need this.
    Any news about a fix or hack ?
    I’m using this on Ja News template and Joomla 1.5.22.
    Hoping for answers,
    Best regards,
    David aka Shapes

David Porré Friend

I managed to get a module class suffix.

I opened “mod_jafacebooklikebox.xml” and addede on line 22 :

<param name="moduleclass_sfx" type="text" default="" label="Module Class Suffix" description="PARAMMODULECLASSSUFFIX" />

Now I can custom style the module.

But I would like to go a bit further, being able to style the facebook frame like this guy did :
    http://www.khawaib.co.uk/demo/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=10

Any idea on how to do this ?

Hoping for answers,
    Best regards,
    David aka Shapes

Phill Moderator

You could use firebug to look at his css and apply simialar to your module. Well done on adding the suffix parameter.

fbernardello Friend

I modified the XML file, but the class suffix field did’t apeear.
    Maybe the tip is related to an old version of the module: someone could help?

Regards,
    Federico

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbernardello 504689 wrote:</em><blockquote>I modified the XML file, but the class suffix field did’t apeear.
    Maybe the tip is related to an old version of the module: someone could help?

Regards,
    Federico</blockquote>

Perhaps the following tutorial may be of further assistance —> http://id.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-module-class-suffix-in-joomla/

fbernardello Friend

Dear TomC,
    I’m sorry, I think you didn’t realize the problem.
    The module hasn’t the field “Class Suffix”, and one user posted the code he wrote to add the field.
    I tryed right now, but it’s not working.
    Since the post is old, I guess if it was related to an old version of the module…

F.

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbernardello 504739 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear TomC,
    I’m sorry, I think you didn’t realize the problem.
    The module hasn’t the field “Class Suffix”, and one user posted the code he wrote to add the field.
    I tryed right now, but it’s not working.
    Since the post is old, I guess if it was related to an old version of the module…

F.</blockquote>

Given the date of this original posting, you’re likely correct.

I will forward your issue onto the JA Development Team for review and (hopefully) further comment.

fbernardello Friend

Dear @tomc,
    I see, thank you.

Regards,
    Federico

P.S. Please, tell them the module should be checked and modifyed at least for this reasons:
    1 – It’s not responsive!
    2 – No Class Suffix field
    3 – Options don’t work properly (it’s impossible to hide the header, even if there is an option to do it).

What I think, is that this module is not satisfactory, and its level is very poor compared to other modules of yours or to the templates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum