Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Yes, it’s that time of the month again to award the Member Of The Month to a special member on the forums.

Now, this month we’re awarding it to a moderator, however they only become a moderator a few days ago so we’re not excluding them from the competition.

Grabbing 88% of the total votes, I would like to award the MOTM badge to instantinlaw.

Instantinlaw has been a member of the forums for approximately 5 months, but over that time has not only been a wonderful help on the forums but has also developed some very good video tutorials that will be soon added to the tutorials website, now released with instantinlaw’s suggestions and comments.

So instantinlaw, thanks a lot for your help and keep it up! I hope you take this award and understand our huge thanks towards you!

Michael C – on behalf of the staff at JoomlArt

I’ll be discussing with Hung whether or not we’ll be continuing the MOTM competition to next month, or change it to a site of the month. We’ll see 🙂

++++++++++++

Hi Instantinlaw, can you tell us a little about you? Where do you live? Is Instantinlaw your real name?

[instantinlaw]
    I am from just south of Boston Massachusetts, and my real name is Bill, and I’ve been in the Antiques business for over 20 years, and in the web design business for the last 8 years, although not seriously until about 3 or 4 years ago.

Have you got a personal webpage and if so, was this site designed by you?

[instantinlaw]
    My main site is http://www.photonutz.com Although the first implimentation of the site was designed by me, I decided to go with Joomla and Joomlart to free my time so I could concentarte on the content of the site instead of constantly tweaking the look of the site.

How did you become to know the open-source Joomla system?

[instantinlaw]
    I started with osCommerce because I wanted to sell my photographs online, but osCommerce didn’t have the content capabilities I was looking for. I looked into other CMS programs and tried many of them until I settled on Joomla. I chose Joomla for it’s ease of use and the gigantic number of add on’s, and the great open source community it has.

How did you become to know our JoomlArt templates?

[instantinlaw]
    I started by using one of the free templates available on the internet, but those didn’t have the bells and whistles I wanted for my site. I took a look around at the paid clubs for something that would add the wiz bang I was looking for and that’s when I found Joomlart and the xenia II shopping template. Needless to say, I was hooked from that point.

What made you stay with JoomlArt?

[instantinlaw]
    I stay at Joomlart because of the friendly community spirit, plus I need my bi-weekly template fix. What more reason would one need to stay?

What motivates you to help out your fellow members of the community?

[instantinlaw]
    Every time I am able to help someone in the forum, my knowledge of css and Joomla templates increases tenfold. So, I am contantly learning something new myself. Plus it is gratifying when someone learns something from my direction, and increases their knowledge. My hope is that once they learn, that they will give back too.

What is your favourite JoomlArt template and why?

[instantinlaw]
    I think most people here know what my favorite template is, but for those who don’t know, it’s the xenia II shopping template. I am very eCommerce orientated, and I love a great design with all the bells and whistles. The xenia II shopping template has everything I need in a template.

What do you like about JoomlArt?

[instantinlaw]
    I like the great designs at Joomlart. I especially like that most of the templates here include the site tools function, and thats very web 2.0. I also like the fact that every two weeks I get to log in and see a new and exciting template.

If you ran JoomlArt for a day, what would you do? Would you change anything?

[instantinlaw]
    Most of the regulars here know my thoughts on what I think should be changed here from the various threads I started. I have to say that I think Joomlart has taken positave steps in the right direction, and I am very happy with the changes that have been made so far. Don’t worry though, if I think of something else that needs changing, I’ll let you guys know. 🙂

What kind of templates are you interested in seeing more of?

[instantinlaw]
    I am of the opinion that there are far too few eCommerce templates for Joomla in general. I would love to see Joomlart add more shopping templates.

What is your current employment status (what do you do)?

[instantinlaw]
    I have been in the Antiques business for over 20 years, but in the last 3 or 4 years I have started to move away from the antiques, and have taken on more web design jobs. Currently I am increasing my portfolio of web designs. I have around 6 clients right now, with another 6 that I am in talks with, and new inquirys come in every day.

What is your best achievement that you’re proud of?

[instantinlaw]
    I guess the thing I am most proud of is the fact that I taught myself web design. I am self taught in Dreamweaver and Photoshop, as well as most of the other tools that we as web design guys use every day.

What is the biggest mistake you’ve done and how did you learn from it?

[instantinlaw]
    The biggest mistake I ever made was not learning about Joomla years ago.

Anything else you’d like to mention that you feel is important for us to know about you?

[instantinlaw]
    I think that the answers to the questions above pretty much let’s everyone here know a little bit about myself, so I guess I don’t really have anything else to add, except keep up the great work Joomlart!

swemmel Friend

Hi Bill,

So, now it is official. Well, again, my congratulations. You deserved this MOTM-ship. 😉

Kind Regards,
    Peter

ErikThorsen Friend

So Bill, where is your reply to the questions? Did MiCCAS ( aka the cat ) catch your tongue?

instantinlaw Friend

Hey Guys,
    I just sent off the answers to MiCCAS. You will get to read about me soon. 🙂
    Thanks for the congrats guys! 😀

Menalto Friend

I have been waiting a long long time to read about you, finally the day has come:p
    Big congrats to you from me:)

instantinlaw Friend

Menalto;22728I have been waiting a long long time to read about you, finally the day has come:pBig congrats to you from me:)

Well I hope my answers aren’t too boring then. 😉
    Thanks for the congrats. 🙂

TomC Moderator

Post the interview responses already !!!

😎

Michael Casha Friend

Interview responses are posted, sorry for the delay.

instantinlaw Friend

I have to say that is the quickest I have seen JA add the coveted MTOM banner to someones account, but where is my developers member banner? I want my user info area loaded with as many banners as it will hold. 😀
    On a personal note, I think it would look great just below the Moderator badge. 😉

swemmel Friend

instantinlaw;22901I have to say that is the quickest I have seen JA add the coveted MTOM banner to someones account, but where is my developers member banner? I want my user info area loaded with as many banners as it will hold. 😀
    On a personal note, I think it would look great just below the Moderator badge. 😉

I lost my developer-badge too, Bill. I think this is the prize you have to pay for having the MOTM-badge or the Moderator-badge. I think it is the last. 😀

Peter

instantinlaw Friend

That’s a bummer Peter, I was hoping to have my whole thing filled with badges. :p
    Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to be happy with the 2 that I have now. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum