Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

if I add a top level menu item as a ‘System Link’ >> ‘Menu Heading’ (or Text Separator) that item has no/(or different) styling when displayed in Mega Menu
    Even when that item has sub menus its the same basic style.

Is there a reason for this?

Is there a help topic or post somewhere I didnt find with some css to style it as a regular menu item?

thanks

b.

TomC Moderator

It would be helpful if we could see the issue you’re experiencing . . . i.e. if you could upload your site to your webhost server and provide the url of the site you’re working on.

bule Friend

<em>@TomC 428104 wrote:</em><blockquote>It would be helpful if we could see the issue you’re experiencing . . . i.e. if you could upload your site to your webhost server and provide the url of the site you’re working on.</blockquote>

so as I put in the additional data with my first post its localhost only

But you can see the issue in the attached screenshot
    the ‘Category Link’ has the normal default Mega Menu styling
    whereas ‘Menu Heading’ is a menu item of type ‘System Link’ >> ‘Menu Heading’
    And this doesnt have the same styling applied, even when it has sub menus as per example.

Since its a ‘Menu Heading’, and it has sub menus, I expected it to appear as other menu items, but it doesnt.

so how to apply styling?

thank you

b.

1. purityiii-mega-issue
    TomC Moderator

How did you add the menu item?

bule Friend

<em>@TomC 428111 wrote:</em><blockquote>How did you add the menu item?</blockquote>
    as I said:
    <blockquote>add a top level menu item as a ‘System Link’ >> ‘Menu Heading'</blockquote>

so very specifically:
    goto: Menu Manager
    then click +New
    then click “Menu Item Type”
    then from the options in Modal window select:
    ‘System Link’
    then select:
    ‘Menu Heading’

alexsmirnov Friend

It will take you 10 to 15 minutes max to set up a free (for 30 days) remote site at https://ccp.cloudaccess.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=141&domainoption=subdomain&sld= but this will save both you and us tons of time and effort. Would you please?

Regards,

Alex

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the following references may be of assistance to you . . .

PURITY III – MENU SYSTEM

PURITY III – MEGAMENU CONFIGURATION

bule Friend

I have a dedicated server. But it doesnt matter where I upload it because I have absolutely rubbish broadband here (yes I know I’m in the UK but its still rubbish – maybe 100k up this evening) and it will take an hour… or two… if it completes at all.

So I am reluctant to do this to demonstrate to you a very basic function of a default template in a default install of Joomla 3.3 when I am only testing.

so perhaps you know about this anyway?
    otherwise, if you dont know, or you cant help – well you cant help.

bule Friend

<em>@TomC 428114 wrote:</em><blockquote>Perhaps the following references may be of assistance to you</blockquote>
    thanks tomc, but I read the help before posting and those links dont help

a kind of kludgy workaround to get the styling is:
    add the link as type ‘External URL’ and link to # – in which case it links to the current page
    or leave link blank in which case it links back to root
    but that isnt correct.
    I dont want a link there, I just want a “Menu Heading” to be a “Menu Heading” and act as a placeholder for the dropdown.

in my opinion its a bug, but up to you guys

b.

Ninja Lead Moderator

The ‘Separator‘ and ‘Menu Heading‘ are treated as a special bootstrap divider. Please use External link menu type if you want to display as a normal menu item.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum