Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I tried installing the quickstart and could not get the site to load. I change the template to one of the Joomla defaults ( beez) and the site loaded. So I tanked the database and files and started over:

1. Installed Joomla using CPanel on site host
    2. Installed the ja-graphite template
    3. Installed and activate the jat3 plugin

Error still comes back stating exceeding 90 seconds. So since this is my webhost, am I expected to change the php.ini to allow this to load? A bit of a schlepp surely?

aman204 Friend

Try to increase memory_session limit in php.ini file::

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=246541

Also, You can try out this extension to increase limit::
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/hosting-a-servers/servers/7747

dwernars Friend

Great plugin to change memory limit and I bumped the memory limit up to 512M but this is not the the error I am getting. It’s the maximum_execution time that is timing out – I can’t change that value as I don’t have access to php.ini on the server.

1. error
    Phill Moderator

Unfortunately you will probably have to speak to your host about that one then. It may be the case you can do it with a .htaccess file or a local php.ini but your host would be best placed to advise on that as it all depends on how they have setup their system.

dwernars Friend

Yes I added a line to the .htaccess, changed maximum_execution time to 240 – even though its not spitting out an error, it’s taking an age to load to a blank page LOL. I can ping my host and ask them to change the values but its a bit ridiculous. I have spent too much time trying to load this template already, so will move on and find another template.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dwernars 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum