Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to set a Max Words rather than Max Chars value in the Ja News and JA News Frontpage module?
    When set max chars, last word is breaking and it’s looking not good. I think Max Words will be better solution.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

For the last long time, a user have asked me about this issue. I supported him to he can change to Max Words.

Please kindly try to check this thread in the forum.

andromaha Friend

Thanks for your answer, but I’m searching and searching and can’t find this thread 🙁
    Could you find this for me please?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

Please backup your code and change hepler.php and blog_item.php file by my attachment file.
    + modules/mod_janews/helper.php
    + modules/mod_janews/tmpl/blog_item.php

1. janews.zip
    andromaha Friend

Great job 😀 but I have template Ja Vauxite and this file: blog_item.php in template folder need modification, because I have this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method modJaNewsHelper::getallcatidsbycat() in /xxx/templates/ja_vauxite/html/mod_janews/blog_item.php on line 26

And one more request 🙂 please make Max Words in Ja News Frontpage Module (with Ja Vauxite template)

edroga Friend

great, but I still have a question on what to do by the end of the text there are three dots (…) ?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

Open blog_item.php, find following code:

[PHP] echo $row->introtext1;[/PHP]

and change to:

[PHP] echo $row->introtext1 . ‘…’;[/PHP]

andromaha Friend

Hello, please answer with my error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method modJaNewsHelper::getallcatidsbycat() in /xxx/templates/ja_vauxite/html/mod_janews/blog_item.php on line 26
    I need this very much 🙁

edroga Friend

Thanks, but I still have a problem, only dots appear in mod_janews on the homepage, after passing through a particular section, unfortunately, they do not already have, just not displayed on the main page in mod_janews_fp

edroga Friend

ok already solved the problem, simply replace the file on helper.php

[PHP]$row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::separate_word($row->introtext, $maxchars);[/PHP]

change to:

[PHP]$row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::separate_word($row->introtext, $maxchars) . ‘…’;[/PHP]

cansay Friend

<em>@edroga 132768 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok already solved the problem, simply replace the file on helper.php

[PHP]$row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::separate_word($row->introtext, $maxchars);[/PHP]

change to:

[PHP]$row->introtext1 = SmartTrim::separate_word($row->introtext, $maxchars) . ‘…’;[/PHP]</blockquote>

COOL that you reply back in the thread 😉

florinpojum Friend

Hi,

I have the same problem here. I’m trying to download the attached file but seems to be not available any more. Can you please upload again the attached file?

florinpojum Friend

Solved now, works perfect for me, thanks a lot.

chloregy Friend

why isn’t this a standard feature yet after so many years…. we had to do a modification like this 3 yrs ago in Teline 2, and it is still not default behaviour… guess what Joomlart, people don’t want to read broken off words, it looks amate…

…ur

:p

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chloregy 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum