Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Not sure if that will work but if you don’t see the masthead position listed, try to type it manually, then hit enter and save the module settings.

Christina

cherryred Friend

I did wonder about trying that – but if I do, it will probably create a custom position called masthead, which might then become very confusing if it isn’t the ‘real’ masthead position – do you see my concern?

tineto Friend

It takes a bit of work to create a block (like masthead) in the layout, so I don’t think that typing it manually will create a new custom block.

Christina

cherryred Friend

Ok, I tried your suggestion (thank you for offering help)

Sadly it doesn’t work. The image does display, but below the masthead….

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @cherryred
    Yu can post a temp site super user details for JA Staff via Private reply and with URL of page where u published module on Masthead and not showing . I will check it on your site .

cherryred Friend

Hi,
    That is very kind of you,

I am developing site – it isn’t live, so I can’t give you access. I wish I could.

To clarify, I can’t publish module on Masthead, the position is not listed.
    I typed in the position ‘masthead’ see screenshot5
    result is: the module appears below the masthead – screenshot4 attached.

I would be grateful if you can comment

1. Capture5
    2. Capture4
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case i need access of you site , you can post the details once site is live .

cherryred Friend

Ok, thank you

cherryred Friend

I am just wondering if it easy for you to give me steps to follow, so that I can make ‘masthead’ a position that I can publish to, please?

Then I can follow the documentation instructions (attached) from your site.

I have joined extension club to try masshead-module. But that is difficult to configure, so if I can just publish an image to masthead position, that would be a very simple solution.

I would be very grateful for instructions

1. module-masthead
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you want to use the Same custom html module for masthead the Purity III documentation will work .
    While If u want to use JA Masshead module , Here is documentation for how to configure the module .

cherryred Friend

Thank you, I have been using the documentation carefully, but cannot get either method to work as required.
    (Masshead module crops the image)
    (custom html module, there is no recognised masshead / masthead position to publish to, as the documentation requires)

I will upload to a test site in due course and ask you to have a look and tell me what I am missing,

Thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Yes as i said before once u put the site live post details via Private reply so that we can take a look on it .

cherryred Friend

Just to let you know I have solved my issue:

I should have been following this documentation
    https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/layout-in-details#default-layout
    but instead got confused by this one
    https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/configuration#enable-masthead

(Because when under page display I entered text for masshead title and slogan, if I also made custom masthead module it displays as a second module under the masshead title and slogan. I probably should have realised what was happening)

Thank you for your offer of help when site is live.
    I will ask again later on for getting the appearance slightly adjusted, but I am pleased it is looking good so far.

Feel free to mark ‘solved’ 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cherryred 7 years, 6 months ago.

The topic ‘masthead position missing from list of module positions’ is closed to new replies.