Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, Snapshots of the demo attached. Seeing the same issues with my site.

Thanks for the help!

1. bgnd-microsoft-edge
    2. bgnd-ie11
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately, Edge and IE do not support blend mode. Please see details from Microsoft here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/status/backgroundblendmode/

Regards

debaleena_das Friend

Thanks, didn’t know that. Will render the image externally.

Rene Friend

Without an alternative solution, the Template Ja Mono can not be used with out the blend mode function.

I have colored the Masthead Images. For the hover, I have made CSS rules, specifically only for Edge and IE 11 to 14.

La Mono looks excelent in every browser after much work.

Here is the result:

Of course it would have been nice if joomlart had provided a solution. And not the buyer must strive for a solution.

Rene

Saguaros Moderator

It’s always a pain when working with IE/Edge in web development as so many great things MS doesn’t support while other browsers do. Hope that they can support in near future.

Btw, it would be great if you can share your findings here, it’ll be helpful for others.

Thank you, Rene!

Rene Friend

Thanks for your words "saguaros" you say it, I can not understand why Microsoft can not work with W3C rules. For many, many years, IE is the browser to spend the most time when working in webpublishing.

For LA_Mono, I have tested with overlay png images in transparent mode. It never looked good. In the end, I’ve colored all the red photos with Photoshop (Hue / Saturation / Coloring).

And I’ve made CSS rules in the custom.css. For the Edge and IE browser, I make hover rules for black-white pictures without blend mode. For browsers that support Blend mode, I use the blend-mode rules.

Of course you can take from my custom.css file for own ideas what you need.

I have worked on the template La_Mono very long, until it became as it is now.

But La_Mono is a brilliant template, a hugely good idea, wonderfully implemented by your team, it has been worth it to adjust. And let’s be honest, you can rarely take a template 1 to 1 and everything is fine.

Many Thanks
    Rene

Saguaros Moderator

Thank you very much for your kind words, Rene!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum