Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I am trying to use the submit button in make an appointment but in vain……

I have set in Global configuration sendmail but it look as the submit button is not doing a thing…..

Also how can i make captcha to work? Don’t tell me i can’t because there is no way to let a “contact form” unattended. Spam will be a nightmare.

Phill Moderator

The button you mention seems to go to the contact form as expected. What are you trying to make it do?

The captcha is the standard Joomla one so there should be no problem. Unfortunately the logon you supplied does not work so am unable to check your settings. Pleade mane sure you have set it up correctly in the Plugin before enabling it in the global config.

magelanos Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 478038 wrote:</em><blockquote>The button you mention seems to go to the contact form as expected. What are you trying to make it do?

The captcha is the standard Joomla one so there should be no problem. Unfortunately the logon you supplied does not work so am unable to check your settings. Pleade mane sure you have set it up correctly in the Plugin before enabling it in the global config.</blockquote>

phil captcha plugin is enabled. codes of captcha are fine

submit thought you click it doesn’ do a thing…

pm you with login

Phill Moderator

Ahh, I see. I have enabled the standard contact page in your menu to show that indeed the captcha works (obviously you can disable the item in the menu).

The form you are using there is just a simple HTML article. As such there is no captcha element nor is it actually a functional page. It is a proof of concept in that you can use the inbuilt styling in a third party forms component. Please see the devs response here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-can-we-modify-the-fields-in-contact-form-make-a-appointment/

magelanos Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 478042 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ahh, I see. I have enabled the standard contact page in your menu to show that indeed the captcha works (obviously you can disable the item in the menu).

The form you are using there is just a simple HTML article. As such there is no captcha element nor is it actually a functional page. It is a proof of concept in that you can use the inbuilt styling in a third party forms component. Please see the devs response here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-can-we-modify-the-fields-in-contact-form-make-a-appointment/</blockquote>

Hi and thank you for your reply. I know that captcha works on the actual contact page. I also know that this was an html version (article) that is for the demo.

BUT PLEASE, since you kindly replied to me, TELL ME…

WHERE ON THE ACTUAL DEMO, does this say that is for ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY?????

and that WE have to look for a third party plugin/component in JED?

Couldn’t the developer of this template add a note that this is for only for demonstration????

sorry for the capitals….

1. make-an-appointment
    Phill Moderator

I have addressed this question to Arvind. While I cannot say how long it will take he is going to ask the devs team abut this and see if they can improve that element of this template. You have certainly highlighted something that JA can improve upon for future releases.

Phill Moderator

I have addressed this question to Arvind. While I cannot say how long it will take he is going to ask the devs team abut this and see if they can improve that element of this template. You have certainly highlighted something that JA can improve upon for future releases.

Phill Moderator

acasali Friend

Found this old topic, are there some news? Very bad news that ‘make an appointment’ is only a joke…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  acasali 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum