Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve got an issue with the top/main menu

Check out Big Words for Small Business The home and contact links are in the wrong order.

If I change their order in the admin then visiting http://www.bigwordsforsmallbusiness.com/ then the entry page becomes the contact page.

It looks strange but what the heck do I do to fix it?

ha le-viet Developer

Hi yerg,

I’m afraid it’s not a template problem and we can’t help you in this situation.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

yerg Friend

And what lead you to that momentus decision? 😉

It has been like that since I installed it as a default install but I’d not bothered … forgot and made the site live and was pointed out to me.

ha le-viet Developer

<blockquote>And what lead you to that momentus decision?</blockquote>

It’s my experience with Joomla.

What happen to your mainmenu, yerg?

Ha Le-Viet.

yerg Friend

I added links as always and the order is back to front as it now looks.

If I sort them differently so visually the are Home | Contact instead of Contact | Home the default page when you go to http://www.bigwordsforsmallbusiness.com is the contact page.

Why …is the question?

If I use the template in it’s stock standard form with out my minor changes it’s still the same

ha le-viet Developer

Hi yerg,

The menu you’re using is not the mainmenu. Without the mainmenu, Joomla will display the first menu item as home page.

Ha Le-Viet.

yerg Friend

Sorry but I’ll beg to differ

Attached is the admin view.

This old dog may not be the brightest when it comes to coding but I’m pretty spot on when it comes to implementing stuff. 😉

That’s why I’m miffed … never seen it before. Hence my confusion. :confused:

If I change the position to the right colunm it all works ok. If I create another menu at the top that works, I’ve tried that and when I moved the main menu to the top this happened.

1. mainmenu
    ha le-viet Developer

Hi yerg,

Find this block in your template_css.css and change “right” to “left”. And then re-order your mainmenu. Your issue is: you use mainmenu in the place of topmenu and Joomla will always use the first menu item as homepage.

#ja-topnav ul#mainlevel-nav a {
    display: block;
    float: right;
    padding: 0 12px;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ha le-viet 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum