Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

i read several times, that i can use a Template on any subdomain on my registred domain without problems. But now i have a special question about using subdomains.

When i build up a website on the domain xyz.example.com, i can use it without problems when example.com is a verified and registred domain at my account. But what is when i later want to put on the subdomain a domain (example2.com). And the Domain is configured as CNAME / Alias so when people go on the website, it’s possible that they can see example2.com instead of xyz.example.com on the adress bar of the browser.

Licensed domain: example.com
    Template used on: xyz.example.com
    Unlicesed domain: example2.com is linked via CNAME / Alias to xyz.example.com

So i need to buy a extra license for example2.com or is the license covered through the main (sub)domain for this site?

TomC Moderator

For JA STANDARD MEMBERSHIP : The Registered Domains are various depending on the length of your membership and you can see thecomparison. You can change to any template released during your membership period on the Registered domain. Sub domain (john.yourdomain.com) and the main domain (yourdomain.com) will be considered as 1 domain.

For JA DEVELOPER MEMBERSHIP
    : “JA Developer Membership” owners are given the right to run unlimited instances of any template or any other products on any domain.

REGISTERED DOMAINS DECLARATION:

• You will need to add your site URL to the domains list for each Membership subscription so that our system can validate your registered Domain. Our Copyright infringement detection robot will research on Google result everyday, any domain uses JA Templates Club without license will be contacted and automatically reported to JoomlArt.
    sancron Friend

Ok now i am a little bit confused? I think i was explained my question something wrong.

I have the domain mustangnet.de registred and verified through my membership. Now i know that i can use any template that i have downloaded through my membership on this domain, and also on subdomains like ingametek.mustangnet.de

So now i build up a site on ingametek.mustangnet.de and then i put also a second domain on this subdomain. So you can reach the site with ingametek.mustangnet.de and ingametek.de. After putting the domain on the subdomain, you can reach the content with ingametek.mustangnet.de/index.html and ingametek.de/index.html.

And my question now is, did i need a extra licese for ingametek.de or is the license for the template covered through the subdomain ingametek.mustangnet.de that is a part of the registred and verified domain mustangnet.de?

TomC Moderator

<em>@sancron 286594 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    And my question now is, did i need a extra licese for ingametek.de or is the license for the template covered through the subdomain ingametek.mustangnet.de that is a part of the registred and verified domain mustangnet.de?</blockquote>

From how you described the situation above, the two domains you would need to have registered are:

mustangnet.de
    ingametek.de

The sub-domain: ingametek.mustangnet.de would be counted within your mustangnet.de domain as one (1) domain.

jpre Friend

Hello
    I’m new here and I’m buying a license JATC Standard Membership.
    My doubt is about the removal of copyright in subdomains.
    The value is $ 40.00 per domain, ok? This allowed the removal of all subdomains?

Forgive me for my bad English. Morro in Brazil / South America.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jpre 305721 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello
    I’m new here and I’m buying a license JATC Standard Membership.
    My doubt is about the removal of copyright in subdomains.
    The value is $ 40.00 per domain, ok? This allowed the removal of all subdomains?

Forgive me for my bad English. Morro in Brazil / South America.</blockquote>
    Are the sub-domains using the same template and part of the same website?

jpre Friend

<em>@TomC 305842 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are the sub-domains using the same template and part of the same website?</blockquote>

I think to do with subdomains using different templates, but this is only thought, so I would know for sure about this, or on the removal of the copyright license. Not all subdomains will be created immediately, but in planning. Be related to the same site, extemplo: news.site.com, movie.site.com, blog.site.com, john.site.com, paul.site.com … etc …

If I decide to leave the copyright, subdomains can use different templates?

Please need to know, have to acquire the license to start work later this week.

Thanks for helping

TomC Moderator

I have verified with our Sales/Membership Team that copyright removal is sold …
    so sub domains are counted as part of the primary domain.

I’m thinking this is exactly what you wanted to hear, yes?

🙂

jpre Friend

<em>@TomC 305993 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have verified with our Sales/Membership Team that copyright removal is sold …
    so sub domains are counted as part of the primary domain.

I’m thinking this is exactly what you wanted to hear, yes?
    :)</blockquote>

Yes friend, is really what I think about the rules of Sales / Membership.
    Probably tomorrow I’ll be buying Sales / Membership and also the removal of copyright for a domain.

I’m analyzing what I will be using for this domain, make a great portal with news, videos and texts.

I really like to see how your templates are beautiful, congratulations! 😉

TomC Moderator

Glad to be of assistance . . . Looking forward to welcoming you to our JoomlArt Community.

jpre Friend

Hello Tom, I sent a private message to you today 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jpre 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum